Wetsuit for Dutch Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bauer4567

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I hope that with the inactivity of this forum I will be able to get a good response!

So far I am strictly a warm weather diver. I have no interest in drysuit or cold water diving, but from swimming in local quarries growing up, I realize that these quarries are fairly cold. My question is what is the water temperature at Dutch Springs through the summer, and more importantly what mm wetsuit is suitable for the warmer months at Dutch Springs.

7mm farmer john would be my choice of wet suit. Even in the warmer months when the surface temp. approaches the low 70s below the thermocline is still in the 50s.

I'm not prone to get cold too easily, but I'd concur on a 7mm. You could probably get away with less if you stayed about the first thermocline, but that's usually 20-25ft I believe, so probably wouldn't be much of a dive.

in the summer months you can get by with a 5mm.

When I dove wet I always used a 7mm farmer john. Still felt a little cold down by the 6X6.....

thanks for all the replies. Appears like I will be investing in a 7mm.
Thanks for all the help, and I will prob see some of you on the buddy finding boards, and when Wreck Valley is back up and running...

...there is not much to see in the first layer ...

... or second or third....:1poke:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom