Wetsuit sizing (Tall)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

koliver

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I am just getting into diving and am about half way through my classes and training. I am now looking into getting a suit, but have tried on a few and seem to have the same problem. It seems like none of the suits I feel fit right in the legs, arms, and chest areas seem to fit correctly in the "waist" area... I am about 6'5" and about average build. I have been to having a hard time trying to find any Tall length in XL. I was wondering if anyone could steer me in a direction towards a company that does make XL Tall. I really like the fit of my friend's Maser Isotherm XL, but like i said it just doesn't fit quite right in one section due to my height. I have found that Waterproof has Tall sizes available but do any others like Scubapro or Maser?

Last edited:
Look at Bare and Pinnacle. They have tall sizes.

Like he said. Bare has some pretty good variety in their sizing. Unless you want to get a custom suit. It can also depend on whether you are looking for 3, 5 or 7mm. Of course the colder the diving the more important the good fit will be.

I am just getting into diving and am about half way through my classes and training. I am now looking into getting a suit, but have tried on a few and seem to have the same problem. It seems like none of the suits I feel fit right in the legs, arms, and chest areas seem to fit correctly in the "waist" area... I am about 6'5" and about average build. I have been to having a hard time trying to find any Tall length in XL. I was wondering if anyone could steer me in a direction towards a company that does make XL Tall. I really like the fit of my friend's Maser Isotherm XL, but like i said it just doesn't fit quite right in one section due to my height. I have found that Waterproof has Tall sizes available but do any others like Scubapro or Maser?

are you looking to get a 3 mm 5mm 0r 7mm?

omer has the warmest wet suits i have ever tried! but thats for freediving i think they compress a bit more if your under scuba or thats what i have been told. i used mine for 6 dives (scuba) and was nice and warm diving in vancouver canada.

i'm 6 foot 2 and have long arms with a fit (not bulky) build and the 4 long that omer makes fits better then my buddies custom made suit. the first suit i had from them was a 5 long and it was to big for me but i bet the suit would fit you better then any other off the rack suit you well find. and if your doing deep dives just get a vest and put it on top. also their suits have buit in hoods and don't leak at all!!! only down side is you will need lube to get into it lol

i just keep a spray bottle with shampoo mixed with water:D

so yea if you get a 5 long omer suit i can say 99%that it will fit you sweet

I see that you are in San Jose. You may want to try Otter Bay in Monterey. They can custom make a suit for you. I have dove in one of their 7mm suit and the fit is perfect. You may pay a little more but the fit is key in a wet suit. If you are planning to do a lot of diving in NorCal you may also want to look at a dry suit.

I'm 6'6", and I had pretty good luck with Pinnacle when I was renting. Other brands, not so much. I ended up buying a custom suit, though, because even Pinnacle didn't fit me perfectly.

We've got tall sized suits from Bare, Pinnacle, Waterproof, Scubapro and Mares, in stock and at great prices. Give Beverly a call at the shop 800-825-2452 and she'll take good care of you!

The Henderson catalog has Medium Tall, Large Tall and Extra Large Tall. I searched "Henderson Size Chart" on Google and it took me to a good page at ScubaToys.

I love my Henderson Hyperstretch 5mm. I had it customized locally because I'm 6'7".

I am only 6'4", but the best fit I found so far is in Pinnacle. My wrists and ankles don't freeze with this brand.

As you say you are new to diving, you may need an entire package. LeisurePro has Pinnacle packages that include boots, hood, gloves, and an few toys for the price of the suit alone.

Back
Top Bottom