Wetsuit Wedgie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boingo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Gonna get certified in a couple months. I'm in the process of trying on wetsuits. Found a Waterproof W1 that fits nice & snug all around, but gives me a pretty good wedgie. What are acceptable wedgie levels? How much will the wetsuit relax once it gets wet?

I do not find wedgies acceptable. If you are tall and slim, look for wetsuits that come in a L size (L for long, not large)

Agreed, a properly fitting suit should not give you problems in your nether regions. Being hard to fit I went custom for my new 3 mil from wetwear.

www.wetwear.com

You will not want to dive with a wedgie. You will spend more time thinking about how uncomfortable it is rather than focusing on the enjoyment of the dive.

If you're going to be diving in colder waters, don't forget to consider the "shrinkage factor". Also, the acceptable wedgie level would have to depend on the level of "support" you desire for your nether regions - i.e. similar to choosing boxers or briefs based on the level of support desired. :D

I agree that no wedgie is acceptable. Get a proper size. If you are getting a wedgie the suit is too short in the torso. It may have other issues too. You want the suit to be snug but not impair breathing, and it should affect movement as minimally as possible.
DivemasterDennis

If the wetsuit gives you a wedgie, it's simply too big. Look for a different size or a brand that fits you better.

No wedgies. I once bought a wetsuit that I thought fit, but that was actually a little too short from crotch to shoulders. It wasn't bad when I was diving, but when I'd climb a boat ladder, the neck of the thing would press in very uncomfortably on my larynx and make me throw up. So I think that if you've got a slightly uncomfortable wedgie when you're just standing up, it's likely to be really uncomfortable if you bend your body and stretch the material (even though they do typically loosen up a little bit when they're wet).

Different manufacturers' wetsuits fit differently. Mine that was too short was a Camaro, and I've since discovered that the French and Italian brands don't fit me well at all. On the other hand, I've had good luck with Bare and Pinnacle. So keep trying till you find the manufacturer and the model that you like.

Thanks for all the great advice. Went ahead & ordered the W1 in tall.

Gonna get certified in a couple months. I'm in the process of trying on wetsuits. Found a Waterproof W1 that fits nice & snug all around, but gives me a pretty good wedgie. What are acceptable wedgie levels? How much will the wetsuit relax once it gets wet?

I'm also new to diving and bought a Bare wetsuit. It does give me wedgies in either part of my man hood. :cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom