Whale Shark at All West Curacao!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver OnLu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi Divers,

Over weeks now, we have been spotting eagle rays on a regular basis, same as 2 seahorses living right in front of All West Apartments Curacao.

On Tuesday this week, however, all this was topped by the most exciting encounter with a gigantic whale shark (at least 24ft long) that was spotted by our guests 2 times in our house reef and once right in front of our dive shop Ocean Encounters West at Playa Kalki!!! There has been more talking about that fish than about the group of approximately 30 dolphins passing by Playa Kalki on the same day.

Is Curacao slowly becoming a paradise for big creature enthusiastic? I believe not, but everything is possible!

Going back to the roots of Curacao marine life, finally, yesterday I found a new frogfish at our boat dive site Kortape Point. Now I am waiting for a guest to provide me with the excellent photos he took of that guy.

So everybody feel invited to visit us, to share all the unique adventures under water and on shore Curacao has to offer!

Best regards,

Andreas

Back
Top Bottom