Whale Shark Encounter-Pompano Dropoff!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquatic Ventures

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I didn't believe it myself at first, until he showed me the video. This juvenile whale shark approached the boat after the dive. They snorkeled with this little fellow for a while (about 16ft), but did not have an underwater camera. This was in about 35ft of water at the Pompano Dropoff.

http://www.youtube.com/aquaticventures

So, if true, perhaps the Dropoff isn't that bad a dive site after all. That is, if sea turtles, nurse sharks, and manta rays aren't enough for a diver.

I'd return to this site for the chance to see such a creature...

I love little whale sharks! They are usually more curious and more interactive than their larger mates!

Make sure to drop this in to the gang at Ecocean - research, education & conservation - Home so it can be added to the global ID library!

Great encounter and video. Thanks for sharing.

Good Diving/Hunting,

Wonderful! The Dropoff is one of my favorite dive sites. No muss, no fuss, nevr know what you might see, and it is an easy recreational dive.

Where is the Pompano drop off ... I was out this morning south of pompano pier. Great dive, some really nice rock ledges. The highlight was the Sea Turtles very cool. Red algae was blooming on the rocks and the tropicals where going nuts. I just love early morning dives. :wink:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom