WHALE SHARK!! Flower Gardens Labor Day Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

farrahfig

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I mentioned this trip last week, but thought I'd mention it again as there has been a Whale Shark sighting on the East Bank. I was on the Gulf-Diving website and read about it. Guests also reported on MANTA RAYS along with EAGLE RAYS, large game fish, sea turtles, large lobsters, all the tropicals and more. The diving is outstanding! You will never see this kind of stuff if you don't get in the water! The Labor Day trip aboard the Fling gives you up to 11 opportunities!

If you aren't signed up for the Labor Day trip, do it. The trip is now
3 days, so you don't have to worry about taking off an extra day of
work. As a result, its a little cheaper too. Don't wait until the end
of the season when the weather is unreliable and trips are more likely
to cancel.

I'm the trip lead for Labor Day, so please contact me if you have questions or concerns. You can sign up by calling Scubaland in Austin: 512 891-6054.

Board the FLING from Freeport, TX at 8pm on Fri, 8/29. Return 5:30pm on
Mon, 9/1. You can log up to 11 dives!!!!!!!!!!!

dang it! Wish they'd shortened it sooner. couldn't talk the significant other into a 4 day trip cuz he didn't want to take a day off work. Already paid up for a FG weekend trip in August, but would have loved one more day.

I leave on Sunday for the FG and the science teacher expedition (DUOY). Big GRIN!
I'll certainly keep my eyes (and cameras) peeled for the whale shark, the mantas, and the rays. Thanks for the heads up!

YES. There are spots open. You can call Scubaland to book at 512 891-6054.
So far, about every trip has made and every trip has been outstanding. Send another post or shoot me a reply to let me know that you're set up.

Also, for the guy that is signed up for the short trip and wants to change it to Labor Day, you can probably arrange this through Scubaland. They will take care of it with Gulf Diving for you. Jennifer would be the person to ask for at Scubaland if you're wanting to do this.

This is going to be a great trip!!

~farrah

I hope so - last I checked Gulf-diving.com was showing space available as 20 seats, which if it stayed that way tells me they wouldn't go as it wouldn't be profitable. I have to believe that the holiday weekend will fill - the last 2 years didn't have an empty seat that I recalled.

Heres to hoping. I don't know what the deal is. You can't beat the Flower Gardens for a wknd!

Trip now shows as full on the Gulf-Diving site. Now if those depressions out in the Atlantic will just stay away for the next 2-3 weeks...!

dang it! Wish they'd shortened it sooner. couldn't talk the significant other into a 4 day trip cuz he didn't want to take a day off work. Already paid up for a FG weekend trip in August, but would have loved one more day.

Hey Song , you going to be out on the Spree on the 27th-28th? I am also going out durring those dates. Hope it all works out :D

Been reading the trip reports of both the Fling and the Spree (Spree's reports are a little more fun, Spree Expeditions Trip Reports ) and it seems that there've been more and more hammerhead sightings around HI-389, the entire month of August. Wonder if the rig has been 'adopted' as a schooling ground, as a substitute 'seamount' ???

Anyway, would be pretty cool to see them ....haven't made the spring trips yet (no drysuit, haven't convinced the wife who's strictly into warm water, either).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom