Whale Shark in Jupiter!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjnjupiter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Water temp is cooling down a couple of degrees and the big animals are starting to be seen in Jupiter.

YouTube - Jupiter Whale Shark

We were on a variety of pleasures and all stopped and swam with this beautiful animal.

PS Watch closely, I did not touch the Whale Shark and believe you shouldn't and I was carrying a speargun because I was hunting but not Whale Sharks. ( I get some strange emails!)

Wow!! What a beauty! It seemed curious of you. I could almost hear your
computer beeping as you ascended to it. You really lucked out, I'm jealous.

Watching that, I can only ask myself I wonder if whale sharks get excited to see divers?" :rofl3:

That was a great video. I am terribly envious of the encounter as that is something that I would love to have. It is very impressive just how quick they can be when they want.....you could see the whale shark put on a burst of speed at the end. Impressive.

Thank you very much for sharing.

By the way, I think you need a bigger speargun to get that guy :D :joke:

Wow! What a beautiful and awesome experience to have! I bet you'll never forget that.

I had no idea whale sharks passed through Jupiter. Super cool.

Uber-cool thks for posting.

-J.-

Ahhhhhhhh! I tried to go out with Jupiter Dive Center today, but once we got to the inlet, the captain turned the boat around and headed back to the dock because the waves were simply too rough in the inlet (there's a lot of sand built up on the north side of the inlet, effectively making the inlet half its normal width, according to the cap't). To think I might have seen something like this if we had made it out into the ocean. Oh well, better safe than sorry.

The video is very very very cool. Which dive site were you at???

Last edited:
Pixie and I enjoyed the video very much. You are one lucky son of the sea. I would do a lot of things to have been able to have been there...darn

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom