Whale Shark pics from Sail Rock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glamourpuss

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I've made a book of my underwater photography from a year spent in South East Asia.... We were lucky enough to spend 2 dives with a young whale shark at Sail Rock (between Koh Tao, & Koh Samui). Only about 4 meter, but was still amazing. (Other pictures in the book are from Sipadan, and the Philippines)

I've entered it in a contest, but it's one of those popularity contests... you have to get the most votes to become a finalist for judging, so would love it if you checked it out and voted for me!

Vote for this book in the Best Blurb Books Contest

I've made a book of my underwater photography from a year spent in South East Asia.... We were lucky enough to spend 2 dives with a young whale shark at Sail Rock (between Koh Tao, & Koh Samui). Only about 4 meter, but was still amazing. (Other pictures in the book are from Sipadan, and the Philippines)

I've entered it in a contest, but it's one of those popularity contests... you have to get the most votes to become a finalist for judging, so would love it if you checked it out and voted for me!

Vote for this book in the Best Blurb Books Contest

Excellent pictures.
What camera are you using. Mine never turn out that good. :depressed:

Thanks!

I'm using a Canon 40D in an ikelight housing, with a DS-125 strobe. To be honest the strobe makes all the difference.

I shall have to stop being so lazy and take my strobe more often. Usually pictures I have taken without the strobe leave a lot to be desired, unless I have been in perfect conditions and shallow water.

Thanks for the usefull info.

Absolutely beautiful. Especially the nudibranchs, my favorite . Thank you very much for sharing.

That looks like a completely different world to my recent dives in Thailand, that looks more like what I was expecting.
This place is down on my list for a visit, can you recomend a boat or a dive centre?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom