Whale shark pictures - Moalboal, Cebu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey lung going to moalboal is about 2 to 3hrs from marriot.. but i will be diving with my wife and some dive buddies on sept 7. saturday if u wanna join us in mactan just txt me 0919-9100257

Sounds good. I will try to get some sort of transportation to moalboal. Any suggestions from anyone? Pls...

lone diver here from sunny down under Australia I WILL be in cebu on 6th of october and I would be interested to know how you found the diving and accomadation there
cheers:

If you guys are really keen on whaleshark, another thing you can check is Ahe Eco Resort in West Papua.

It has stunning story about whalesharks that you can check on the latest (#4) edition of ScubaDiver AA.

Totally just founded dive site. It is a non profit resort manage by Scubasign Foundation. The resort itself has no website yet so you may check Scubasign website for more info.
1 Week of diving package EURO 995/pax
Return flight from Jakarta or Denpasar approximately USD 600/person.

If you guys want to do more than diving (e.g. helping the local people & the whaleshark) this for sure must listed on your next diving destination.

Happy to announce that AquaMarine is one of its 3 worldwide agent.

Lung,
There are a bunch of options getting to Moalboal, Bus, V-hire...

But I just returned from Manila yesterday and since I sprained my ankle while in Manila I hired a taxi to get me home to Moalboal... You can contact the guy I used his name is Dindo and he charged 2K from airport to my front door you can contact him at 09082447137.. seemed like a fair price.... and it ended up taking approx 2 hours...

If you want any other info you can text me at 09186126739.. or send me a pm but Im not spending too much time on the board these days..

Cheers

Hi guys...yes the whale sharks are still here but remember its nature. To reach Moalboal and our dive centre you have 3 options:

1 - Take a taxi - this will cost you about 1800 pesos each way
2 - Take the V-hire (air-con minibus) from the V-Hire Station. Cost is 120 pesos per person per seat...if you have gear with you...you will probably need 2 seats
3 - Take the Ceres or Librando bus from South Bus Terminal near Elizabeth Mall - 120 pesos each way.
4 - We can arrange a transfer from your hotel or airport - US$60 each way (good for 4-5 persons)

It takes about 2.5 hours to reach Moalboal. If you get the bus or v-hire just ask a tricycle to take you to Cebu Dive Centre in Panagsama. It's about 5 minute ride.

For accommodation... we can arrange that for you as well. We have accommodation starting from US$6 per night...depending on your preferences. See http://www.cebudivecentre.com/accomodation.html for further information.

For diving...we are the most competitive operation on the beach our rates cannot be beaten!

If you require any further information or assistance please contact me on carl@cebudivecentre.com

Regards from Sunny Moalboal

Carl

I like diving at Moalboal. Not for the whale sharks, for the laid back atmosphere. Moalboal is for relaxing, it's a state of mind.... I love it.

The actual place for diving and hotels is Panagsama Beach (another is White Beach); both are about 2KM from the town of Moalboal.

To get there, you can take a bus, or hire a taxi from Cebu City/Mactan Airport. To get the bus, take a taxi to South Terminal and take a Ceres (aircon if you can). The bus stops at Moalboal town, you then take a trike to the Panagsama or White Beach.

You can also take a taxi door to door. Negotiate for P1800 (they ask P2500 or p3000). It's direct to your hotel and much preferred at night or if you are lazy like me.

About taxis, they will overcharge you unless you know the tricks. From the airport, I go to the departure level to get an inbound taxi that is metered. [Airport (yellow) taxis from the arrivals level charge twice as much; the fixed rate stand also overcharges.] To get to the departure level, go outside, across the street, and upstairs to the departure area. Just watch for a taxi emptying its passengers. They just dropped a fare off, and love to go out full. Legally they can't stop or wait, but they are glad if you just hop in.

I'm a creature of habit, I've stayed at Marina Village Resort for years, and dove at Savedra Dive Center. Good quality, fair prices, nice people. Watch their video to get a feel for diving there.
scuba diving cebu philippines

Back
Top Bottom