Whale shark season in Phuket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceanic Phuket

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, it is true... It is September (not usually time for whale sharks) and yet customers out on Anemone Reef this morning had 25 minutes with one! Anyone who wants proof, i will have the pictures as soon as the boat returns to Phuket. It was dived as part of a Phi Phi over-night trip.
There was another one seen on Ko Doc Mai 9 days ago. Are they lost or have they just decided that Phuket is a good place to visit?! Whenever i've seen them locally it's always been March/April time. Ah well, i'm not complaining... I just wish i'd been on the over-night trip too!
Kerry
http://www.oceanicdivecenter.com

Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh Kerry,

wish I'd been there too :( But then again: always nice to look forward to my first whale shark encounter :wink:

Take care, say hello to everyone

Karin (+ Simon) :)

-Does diving at any divesites close to phuket around early november to end december grants seeing whalesharks?

Does diving at any divesites close to phuket around early november to end december grants seeing whalesharks?
Only if you're extremely lucky.
The best places for whale sharks are Richelieu Rock, and the last few years Hin Daeng/Muang have been even better, but later in the season, preferably April/May.

Hmm...maybe I'd make a quick weekend get away and do a day or two dives hopefully I can make it for an appointment with them...

Does any DC take you to these places on live-on board or daily trips while doing my dive intership if in phuket and with who?
I understand these divesites are very far but lot better than racha yai and phiphi, so going there brings lot more excitement

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom