whale shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trigger lover

Registered
Reaction score
hi,
i really really want to dive with a whale shark. anyone know where the best place is to do this. or does anyone knnow of a cimany, or and organised trip who takes you diving with whale sharks?

trigger lover:
hi,
i really really want to dive with a whale shark. anyone know where the best place is to do this. or does anyone knnow of a cimany, or and organised trip who takes you diving with whale sharks?

Go to www.sharkdivermag.com

They have 3 dive trips at the end of July 2006 to Holbox, Mexico, we just booked our spots. I think they said that this year they had about 100 whale sharks in the area when they were snorkeling.

How far you willing to go? Philippines is an option as well.

Where are you coming from? There are quite a few places in the world, and one of them may be on your doorstep.

I know you will have good chances of seeing whalesharks in Austrailia. They scout them out with an airplane and then, on the boat, they take you over to them.

thanks for all the help.

im also going to the christmas islands. there may be a few there

DeepBlueDivers:
Hi

Look at Utila, I am biased I live there. The main season is End of March till the end of April where they are seen most days.

Living in Utila you lucky dog!!! :D

Hi there!

One option if you can travel to Western Australia is Ningaloo Reef. I went there this year and whale sharks are as close to certain there as anywhere in the world.

Inbetween the end of March and early July you can see them at Exmouth.

If you do a search on this forum you'll see plenty of posts about this.

See here:
http://www.zerovisibility.co.uk/Reports/ExmouthTripReportJune05.htm

Hope it helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom