whale shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

I also live on Utila and can vouch for the Whale Sharks here around March to May. Scuba is not however allowed with Whale Sharks for safety reasons, only research divers may enter the water with scuba on, if you are lucky enough to see one on a dive however that would be a different story, the most reliable place I know of for seeing them whilst DIVING is Thailand. Wherever you go my advice is try to find an operator that adheres to good encounter guidelines as these animals are being harrassed worldwide (an example of ours can be found at http://www.wsorc.com/whale_shark_division/guidelines/guidelines.htm ).

I can also vouch for Holbox for June through to end of September, amazing times!

regards and good luck!

Simon

trigger lover:
hi,
i really really want to dive with a whale shark. anyone know where the best place is to do this. or does anyone knnow of a cimany, or and organised trip who takes you diving with whale sharks?

trigger lover:
hi,
i really really want to dive with a whale shark. anyone know where the best place is to do this. or does anyone knnow of a cimany, or and organised trip who takes you diving with whale sharks?

I swam with one a couple of weeks ago for about 20 minutes in the Sea of Cortez, Baja California, Mexico off La Paz.

See:
www.clubcantamar.com

Good luck,
Dave

Do we have anyone that has spotted WHALE SHARKS in vicinity of Batbatan or Mararison Island, Phils??? If so, give up the details!

Looking forward to answer on this one. The area is west of Panay in the Sulu Sea.

Darwin's Arch Galapagos. No question. At the right time of the year when the sharks are there and the currents are up they just swim in circles around the arch. I just got back and we saw as many as three at a time around the arch. You just sit and wait at the "Bus Stop" until one swims by then swim out to it and repeat. Not all trips go to Darwins Arch so do you homework. I can recomend a boat and a talented divemaster if you like.

See pics in my gallery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom