whale sharks late june

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike jj

owi
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Is the last week in June to early to take a whale shark trip? I know the season starts in may, But most groups usually seem to go in July or august.

Last year we went the first week of July. It's not too early to see Whale Sharks.

So is it too far to go to a whale shark area from Cozumel or is there some place local?

We are planning a whale shark trip in July. Probably go to Isla Mujeres the day before to see the island a bit and then go out the next day before coming back to Cozumel.

We are planning a whale shark trip in July. Probably go to Isla Mujeres the day before to see the island a bit and then go out the next day before coming back to Cozumel.
Hmmmm, already looking like I need to extend my first trip to Cozumel in July :). Please let me know what dates you are thinking about (my boss is not going to like this....lol)

Thanks,
John

Hmmmm, already looking like I need to extend my first trip to Cozumel in July :). Please let me know what dates you are thinking about (my boss is not going to like this....lol)

Thanks,
John

Tenatively, I am looking at 7/16-25 to Cozumel. I am looking at a party of 15 total to Coz. I have the airline quote and as soon as I can get the cats herded to agree to that, I am going to work on the whale shark op and the dates to Isla. I have an idea on one. We are probably going to leave 2 or 3 people in Cozumel and pick up 2 or so to go to Isla.

If we end up at Isla Mujeres in July at the same time I'll let you buy me a few drinks, even give you a tour of the island on our golf cart. This would be some time over the 4th.

So is it too far to go to a whale shark area from Cozumel or is there some place local?

No place local.

We took a fairly early ferry, then a van to Cancun, then took a very fast boat a couple of hours to the Isla Holbox area. We splashed around with whale sharks, then took the boat back to Cancun. When we returned it was still light and we did a bit of shopping in Cancun before getting the van back to the ferry and had supper on Isla Cozumel. It's a long day, but quite doable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom