Whaling could it start again?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zingtea:
KOMPRESSOR had better leave this thread or stop spamming.

Where did you come from? Do you dive? Isn't it really you who are spamming now?

You might want to be a dolphin in California, but after all not everyone does. My six year old daughter's perspective of life might be a bit different than yours, as the other day when we saw three beautiful small red deer in the fields outside our garden. "Oh, dad, now we should've had a rifle!". A pretty normal perspective up here, even from a six year old. But the deers were still beautiful.

I feel I have every right to express my opinion about whaling, even though it differs from yours. So please stick to topic if you want to restart this old thread. Or else... :D

watch out! Kompressor is a tough nut to crack. And he will start serving up whale in your face.

Pictures of entire platters of whale. It will give us nightmares so give him some respect.

And he has a special affinity for Californians. :11:

"it's still killing a whale, and most members of the public don't like that."

How many animals are killed each year to feed us? What makes a whale any different then a cow, chicken, fish? If people need to eat and like the flavor its there decision to make. The world is free to everyone, how do you think evolution works? If we try to preserve what we have now we will never evolve to anything better then what we are now.

We might of been fish at one point in time (now most of you probably wish you still were :p) but if things stopped eating us would we of ever had any resign to evolve to live on land?

Does anyone have any additional information on the last meeting of the IWC that was held in St. Kitts? I think the countries in favor of whaling had a marginal victory but am not sure what happened thereafter.

Berdman:
How many animals are killed each year to feed us? What makes a whale any different then a cow, chicken, fish?
The difference in what we essentially breed for consumption or allow to otherwise remain wild but on a limited harvest basis is the mortality to reproduction rate and combined with the rate at which the young reach maturity to breed. Whales, manatee, elephants, etc., are unfortunately behind the extinction eight ball when it comes to this.

We might of been fish at one point in time (now most of you probably wish you still were :p) but if things stopped eating us would we of ever had any resign to evolve to live on land?

Heh... live in FL my friend and you'll discover that we are definitely not the apex predator. What sets us apart is opposable thumbs! :D

Gah! I need to start looking at post dates. =P

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom