What a freak'in day - IDIOTS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trimix2dive

Contributor
Reaction score
scuba police note - the kids want to try out the poseidon xtremes I have - "green ones" nitrox clean to 50%...... some "dude & chick" freaked out and had a meltdown when the kids were gearing up. Are they diving nitrox? How deep are they going? Why do they have donut wing and harnesses instead of a BC? Are they certified? (that one pissed me off - sorry but everyone has a breaking point.) And the final OK its now time for me to speak - why don't those regulators have purge buttons? (sorry I could be silent no more - note I never addressed the previous idiot question)

Wholly Poo Poo. I assured them all was well. And as a technical dive master, I was qualified to take them on the exploration extreme dive we were about to go on. ---- We were going to go to the platform at 25 feet and feed the fish hotdogs (time to break out the deco bottles and rebreathers - 20K under the sea stuff here). I almost felt like handing out an asschewing the would rival the dictionary for new words created - but my twin almost 12 y/o's were there.

Besides I'm sure they thought they were doing good. It eventually ended on a friendly note. The guy later in the day had a bandage on his hand from where he had cut his hand under water - the kids unscathed.

Note 12 y/o Jr. OW divers still prefer Dad's old Zeagles and Jetstreams to the new stuff. They must have pride in being an older school diver at 12 year old. It is hell to feel like a newbie at 41 with 5 year of diving under your belt before the old schoolers were born. LOL, all in all it was a fun day.

I would have simply told them that you don't know nuthin about nitrous and that the oxygen tanks came filled when you bought them at the yard sale...

i was really thinking..... we're all solo diving.... the configuration and set up is they're problem..... i did fill they're trimix.

but that didn't seem wise at the time.

I hate when people try to hard to be a hero in a situation that really does not need a hero. Oh well at least you ended the day on a good note.

Reminds me of when I went to my local dive shop and ask for the 3m gloves simply to protect my hands from getting ripped open. They responded "We dont sell those gloves due to people wanting to touch things in the bottom. Remember AWARE?"

I just went else where to buy them because I got tired of bandageing my hand from simply leaning on anything (Out of the water) or even changing the tank due to such water logging of the skin . I would never touch a reef so it was a bit offensive but oh well.

So Trimix just out of curiosity how did your kids like the feeding of the fish? Hope they had a blast :)

Just before I rad this thread I read another at:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/accidents-incidents/146700-i-still-get-nightmares.html

One of the points out of that thread was to ask questions when something doesn't look right, you might just save a life.

Try to look at it from their perspective. To them it might have looked like you just found grandpas old dive gear, and wanted to try it out.

It's easiest to recover from an accident before it happens. I think friendly questions sound like an aware and concerned individual. That's the type of person I'd want for my dive buddy.

Just thank God O' Mighty your aren't in the middle of family court! It sounds like you have encountered a Family Court Judge or family court appointed attorney or counselor!!!!!

Just before I rad this thread I read another at:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/accidents-incidents/146700-i-still-get-nightmares.html

One of the points out of that thread was to ask questions when something doesn't look right, you might just save a life.

Try to look at it from their perspective. To them it might have looked like you just found grandpas old dive gear, and wanted to try it out.

It's easiest to recover from an accident before it happens. I think friendly questions sound like an aware and concerned individual. That's the type of person I'd want for my dive buddy.

I will stick my nose where it don't belong if i sense that someone is doing something dangerous when diving. However, they could have easily asked questions in an inquisitive manner and should have been able to discern pretty quickly whether the guy had a clue or if he was endangering the kids.

I think if one is to stick ones nose in where it isn't wanted then one should at least have some knowledge about the matter at hand. Sadly many "experts" are anything but

Isn't Texas a concealed carry state? Or maybe you were off traveling.

Ya.. Thats pretty annoying.

When my kids (9,11 and 15) are setting up their own gear, I dont expect many questions from by standers.

Yes my 9 yr old has been down. Yes she is waiting till Nov to get certified. Yes she knows what she is doing. Yes I have 0 issue with her diving. I do have issue with people that have 0 clue chiming in on our lives.

If you saw our other hobbies, you would think that we are crazy, but to us, its the norm..

Not everyone lives the same life or walks the same walk..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom