What about your buddy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zellet

Reaction score
Today in PADI Seal Team, my instructor talked about staying with your buddy. When we were all in the pool my buddy started goofing around and I left him then the instructor talked with me. Then he talked with my buddy. After class I got to swim around with my dad.

What things about your buddy do you like?

Hey Zellet,

A good buddy is hard to find out of the water, but easy to find in the water when you need them. They might make you laugh sometimes, but they also know when to be serious. They share the same interests that you have, so you are always doing the same things or looking at the same fish. A good buddy learns how to depend on you always being there, and you do the same with them. A good buddy will see a problem with your equipment and correct it without making you feel foolish. A good buddy will always end the dive whenever you feel it has to end. A good buddy will always lend a helping hand... However, a GREAT buddy will let you have the last double stuff Oreo Cookie!

hummmmm

well my buddy buys lunch alot.

I like that.

what Net Doc has said, :stupid:especially the OREO thing or :icecream:

Then remember that if someone is doing something unsafe you should let those incharge know of it right away.

Personally I think you will be The best DIVE buddy EVER

:stupid: I think I'll have to second NetDoc, but add:

They will check up on you before, during, and after the dive. Help you don/doff your equipment as necessary. Help you retrieve that last bit of equipment. Kiss nicely (ok, maybe not all buddies, but come on...). Help you remember equipment, food, gas, clothing, etc etc. before leaving for a destination.

And, that oreo cookie thing sounds like a winner......Mine always seems to remember the treats on a very regular basis, home made or otherwise, plus lots of water.

Hi Zellet:

A good dive buddy is one that is there for you, whether you need them or not and they never tire of you asking for assistance. A good dive buddy is like a best friend.

You have many great years of diving ahead of you, have fun and Dive Safe .......................Arduous

I totally agree with every thing that was previously said. Also a good dive buddy makes the dive that much more fun to talk about after the dive. You and you dive buddy can talk about the good things about the dive and talk about the things you need to improve. They are always there for you . And remember if YOUR a good dive buddy you will get and Good Buddy in return. Keep on diving.

I like buddies that make me feel comfortable in and out of the water. Buddies make diving safe and more fun.

Being a good buddy starts before the dive - buddy checks, helping with gear, verifying the dive plan and objective, agreeing on signals amoungst other things, hands expensive stuff like cameras to you so you don't have to jump in with them.

Good buddies during the dive are always close enought to help if there is a problem (or better yet before the problem occurs), usually within arms length, checks both air guages, looks for neat things and points them out to thier buddy, stops you from doing dangerous things, and lots of eye contact to make sure that you are OK. ( I also like to fool around with my buddy during the safety stops :D )

Really good dive buddies stick together after the dive - sign log books, verify depths and stuff, checks my PG calculations, helps put away gear, swaps neat stories about the dives, hopefully shares the pictures , and swaps phone numbers so you can do it again.

There is a lot of help other than the stuff that I said above too.

But remember - it is nice to have a good buddy, it is nicer to be a good buddy and it is nicest of all to be a part of a good buddy team. :D

I would agree with all of the above. In my opinion, one word sums it all up: Attentive.

Attentive before, during, and after the dive.

And willing to discuss honestly any mistakes that were made during the dive. Some people are not comfortable doing so, but learning is a very important part of diving (as it is in almost everything you do).

Dive safe, and enjoy your new sport!

Jack

I am gonna have to echo what NetDoc (Pete) said.

(Somebody pinch me and see if this is a "nightmare")

ID

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom