What Agency Certified You?

What Is Your Most Current Certification Agency.

• Padi

Votes: 113 53.1%
  • Naui

Votes: 39 18.3%
  • SSi

Votes: 32 15.0%
  • BSAC

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • YMCA

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • CSMA

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • SDI

Votes: 17 8.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PADI, NAUI and several others on the list didn't exist when I started diving in 1961 so I went with the best program available in the States... Los Angeles County. When the PADI instructors I encountered while traveling globally had no clue about that card and its history, I decided to get a PADI certification to placate them even though I'd been diving longer than they'd been alive.

NAUI has been around since 1960.

I went and read up on the history of NAUI. Quite interesting really. Folks should take a look. NAUI Worldwide History

Anyway, according to the article, they have actually been around since 1959 but didn't hold their first instructor course until 1960.

First certified as OW and AOW by ACUC; then got NAUI specialities and finally now a PADI rescu diver. Does that qualify me as a ''card collector''?:dork2:

Does PADI have a Lionfish Culinary specialty? :support:

Back
Top Bottom