What Agency Certified You?

What Is Your Most Current Certification Agency.

• Padi

Votes: 113 53.1%
  • Naui

Votes: 39 18.3%
  • SSi

Votes: 32 15.0%
  • BSAC

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • YMCA

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • CSMA

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • SDI

Votes: 17 8.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YMCA - Open Water 1991
PADI - all the rest, through 2009 heh

naui
naui
ymca
naui
naui
pdic
naved
n

Scottish restaurants. :lotsalove:

How do I get a SEI card? Just kidding, my Y card still works. Actually not sure what other cert I need. I have OW, AOW, and Nitrox.

I have a NAVED card too, but it's not a certification.

But nobody knows and they accept it as if it were gold, thus far, lol.

N

Nasds, naui, padi

DennisW:
How do I get a SEI card?

Your Y cards can be replaced if lost (or even if not lost) with duplicate Y cards or SEI cards. Your brother can help with that.

Nemrod:
But nobody knows and they accept it as if it were gold, thus far, lol.

That's funny! I gotta give it a try. They really don't notice it says right on it that it's not a certification card?

Your Y cards can be replaced if lost (or even if not lost) with duplicate Y cards or SEI cards. Your brother can help with that.
That's funny! I gotta give it a try. They really don't notice it says right on it that it's not a certification card?

No they don't most of the time. Every now and then some sharp fellow will freak out on me which I find entertaining but 98% of the time nobody notices. I will not name the shop in the Keys but the owner kept going on with me on the phone long distance that I had to be AOW and a log book and all this and that. She finally just asked me what "card' I had and I told her all of them. Then she wanted to know what is all of them so I asked her if my NAVED Master Diver card would do and she said, uh, yes. When I get down there, hoping to argue with her some more just for sport, she never even asked to see my card. I filled out the waiver and wrote NAVED 112 Master Diver on the blank, she did not bat an eye. If that don't work then I flash them the gold--, never mind.

All this card stuff is a joke, I see master divers get in the water and flail around like they are on fire and trying to put themselves out and barely minted newbies who would make a pro proud to be as smooth.

I cannot make all this up, I got buddied in the Keys with a, well, a person who had attributes of both sexes. No worries because sHe pulled worn out Jet Fins out of the bag so I knew we were good to go and we were. Worn out Jets tell a story, a card mean nothing much of the time.

N

Does IANTD Count?
That was my most recent acquisition in 2004.
Prior to that:
YMCA '77
PADI '89,'90,'91,'94
IANTD '03,04

An interesting and somehow great semi worthless poll TomBom.
Chug

An interesting and somehow great semi worthless poll TomBom.

I am waiting to see if PADI beats everyone else combined. Last time around they fell just short with around 49.6%. This time they are looking strong on nearly 56%.

It is also an interesting race hotting up for second place...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom