What Agency Certified You?

What Is Your Most Current Certification Agency.

• Padi

Votes: 113 53.1%
  • Naui

Votes: 39 18.3%
  • SSi

Votes: 32 15.0%
  • BSAC

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • YMCA

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • CSMA

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • SDI

Votes: 17 8.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ANDI for SCUBA

ADCE/ADCI for hardhat

NFPA for dry land SCBA diving

Only the BEST would do for me so I went with the agency that teaches the World how to Dive.

PADI

Often imitated but never duplicated. Why go with the rest when you can have the BEST.

Go PADI!!!!!!!!

:popcorn:

Thanks, I needed that laugh. I'll bet you only eat in the finest Scottish restaurants as well.

"McDonald's - what the world has for lunch."

Thanks, I needed that laugh. I'll bet you only eat in the finest Scottish restaurants as well.

"McDonald's - what the world has for lunch."

You got it! When I do something I go all out. I spare no expense.

I was thinking an interesting poll would be what sign everyone is? I especially would like to see if there are more water signs who dive. NAUI or PADI could probably pull this real quick because they have I think, everyones birthday?:wink:

The Astrological Sign is based on what constellation the Sun was "in" when a person was born.

On my birthdate, the Sun was in a constellation that does not appear in the common zodiac charts. Because of precession, the modern ecliptic is a bit different than that which would have been observed by ancient astrologers.

So which would you prefer to ask about: the outdated signs that astrologers still hold on to? Or the actual, observable track of the Sun through the constellations for any given date?

You see, I was born on the cusp of Scorpio and Sagittarius, according to Astrology charts, and depending on whose chart you look at, I could be listed as either one. By Astronomy charts, however, the Sun was in the constellation Ophiucus on the day I was born. If this does have some bearing on our personal characteristics, then it would seem to me we would need to take precession into account, and assign astrological signs accordingly.

Would I have been more or less likely to want to dive if the Sun had actually been in Scorpius (the actual constellation name) or Sagittarius when I was born? I think the empirical evidence to support a hypothesis either way would be rather sparse.

Even if the poll were limited to only those agencies that provide initial training in the US, you’d need about 20 choices:

ACUC
ANDI
BSAC
CMAS
GUE
HSA
IAHD
IANTD
IDEA
ISEA (past)
LACUIA
MDEA
NASE
NAUI
PADI
PDIC
PSAI
SDI
SEI
SSI
UTD
YMCA (past)

Of these, PDIC is probably the largest not included in the poll (CSMA was obviously a typo for CMAS).

Make it worldwide and it’s about 50 independent agencies. Then add another 15 for tech diving.

See my complete list at: SCUBA Agencies - Articles

Agree, sort of. Although an "other" option covers most of the list. About 6 or so agencies cover O/W certifications for about 95% of the world's divers (all statistics made up by me on the spot).

Last time this poll come up, the question was phrased as "where did you get your first certification from"

I was thinking an interesting poll would be what sign everyone is? I especially would like to see if there are more water signs who dive. NAUI or PADI could probably pull this real quick because they have I think, everyones birthday?:wink:

Aquarius ... Year of the Dragon ... NAUI Tech

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom