What airlines fly to San Andres?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nwflyboy

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking at possibly doing a trip to Costa Rica later this year (mostly topside activities), and am looking to bolt on a little diving. I'm intrigued by Isla Providencia, a bit off the coast on the Caribbean side (owned by Columbia). I understand that the only practical way to get to Providencia is via San Andres (another a Columbian island, nearby - there are puddle-jumper flights and a ferry between San Andres and Providencia).

Now, I've actually been to San Andres, about 12 years ago. At the time, one could easily fly from San Jose, Costa Rica, direct to San Andres - that's what I did, completely on a whim. But it appears that the airline I used (don't remember which) is no longer doing that route. When I try to find flights from San Jose to San Andres using online booking engines, I'm getting long, indirect routing (and incredibly expensive fares). Back when I flew from San Jose, I recall the flights being cheap, fast, no hassles, and on modern (small) jets (much to my surprise). No mas?

Can anyone tell me *all* the airlines that fly to San Andres? Is there any reasonably priced/reasonably direct way to get there from Costa Rica anymore? I'd rather not have to connect through Bogota or someplace crazy like that...

Thanks.

We are currently planning a trip to Corn Island or Providence/San Andres so i have quite fresh informations.

It seems that the only airline flying "directly" from San Jose (SJO) to San Andres (ADZ) with one stop in Panama City is COPA.
Timetables - Copaair.com
Prices for 1 Week February 10th - 16th is 375$ per Person
You will get OnePass Points and can book directly on their website.

Best regards

Chris Karrer

Last edited:
From Costa Rica, Copa air would be your quickest rt. Copa is not allway the cheepest though. Other than Copa the only airlines flying to SanAndres are Clomobian airlines Avianca, Aerorepublic and Setena, I think there is one other smaller airline, I can remember the name. Other than that there are a few European counties that have flight in the seasons and a one from Canada that is seasonal.
To my knowledge that is all.
If you find any more please post then for me.

Hmmm. Too bad - the flight from San Jose just seems so logical (it was cheap, too)

Any other options to get there from a neighboring Central American country - Nicaragua or Panama (other than Panama City - i.e. near Boca del Toros?). IIRC, there are puddle jumpers that fly to Boca del Toro from points in Costa Rica...

Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom