What are some of the most beautiful sights you saw while diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eagle Rays and free swimming massive green Morays. Octopus' changing their colours. Jungles of soft coral in the surge off the southern tip of Bonaire. Huge, dense baitballs off Boca Bartol. The awesome coral towers of Palancar in Cozumel. Walls that descend into oblivion off Grand Cayman.

It was on a particularly gorgeous day for our first scooter dive at the turtle cleaning station near Mile Marker 14 in Maui led by a Tiny Bubbles DM. I could not stop smiling as I watched my wife/dive buddy, with hair flowing behind her like the Princess Cruise Line logo, circling our little dive group with her scooter, flying through the water ascending, descending, and doing rolls like an aerobatic pilot. I understood that she was feeling the same uninhibited joy and freedom during flight under water as I had experienced daily during my aviation career, and still do while diving. For the first time, I came to fully appreciate how similar are the environments of the sky and sea for the joy they bring aviators and divers. The famous pilot's poem, "High Flight", by aviator John Gillespie Magee, came to my mind as I watched her fly through the sea, and thought that poem could easily be adapted to fit our diving environment. If you are not familiar with the short poem "High Flight", do yourself a favor and look it up on Google.

My wife and then just two day certified fresh daughter at the Blue Hole:)....Diving is such a wonderful family sport! Glad they choose this over my motorcycle fetish :)

Nudibranchs ... their colors, varieties, shapes, and sizes are so varied around the world that I find it just amazing that they're slugs. If the slugs in my garden were half as pretty I'd stop feeding them cheap beer ...

Nudibranch Lovers

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Amelia.... The hottest scubdiver in a bikini thong off the Mares dive boat in the south of France. She had all the guys hanging close to the defibrillator and oxigen tanks as we drooled and nearly died of heart failure and over staring!

Nothing beats the neon blue of some of the fish. I started diving to get close to them and got a camera to take pictures of them to share. I have been so lucky to see such amazing things.

A pair of seahorses... with the male doing his mating dance for his lady!
flambouyant cuttlefish hunting, a giant cuttlefish that fell in love with my buddy's tank, golden crested weedfish and Red Indianfish... weedy seaxragons, pygymy seahorses pygymy pipehorse but one thing that had me enthralled.... some very young ornate ghost pipefish.... so young they were transparent except for the flecks of red in the rays of their tails... these magical dots of red just seeming to float out of nowhere
C666-9413tj.jpg

I was under a bridge looking for a child that had been reportedly thrown off of it. It was pitch black water that had a lot of phosphorus in it. Every breath was an explosion of green fireworks against that pitch background. Beautiful to the point of distraction. The dichotomy between the task I was doing and such unexpected beauty is a feeling I'll never forget.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom