What are the chances that TS Rina will blow out out diving later this week or worse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris66

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What are the chances that TS Rina will blow out out diving later this week or worse harm that precious island. I am scheduled to be there From Tuesday to Sunday and am worried not only about the diving but the Island in general - I know that things can change but looks like all models are headed for Coz

Chris

Hi Chris,

I suspect la isla won't suffer more that some flooding and minor wind damage, but I think the chances are quite high that the port will be closed to diving over the weekend and perhaps then some. This is not to mention flight disruptions.

Best of luck.

Regards,

DocVikingo

For once a Norte looks like a good alternative.

What are the chances that TS Rina will blow out out diving later this week or worse harm that precious island. I am scheduled to be there From Tuesday to Sunday and am worried not only about the diving but the Island in general - I know that things can change but looks like all models are headed for Coz

Chris

As far as harm us - A tropical storm or category 1 will bring us some wind and alot of rain, but we will be safe and we've survived MUCH worse. It's still very possible that it will come it south of us by Chetumal - actually where several models are still predicting.

As far as diving being cancelled - if the storm stays on this track, I would bet that Friday and likely Thursday will be blown out, but once the storm moves out the port will open back up again quickly - as soon as the next day.

Let's all pray that it fizzles out!

Might not do much to the island but if I were a tourist I would not want to be there. At some point flights will be canceled and not started again for days and tourists will be stuck there. Also you may want to check this:

Weather Forecast - Cozumel, Mexico - Local & Long Range | Wunderground

I see lots of red letters........

Flights may be cancelled the day of the storm, but will resume as soon as the storm passes. This isn't going to be another Wilma.

Even after Emily, which was a Cat 4 - flights resumed the next day

Also, if this northerner that is coming through TX mid-week makes it this far, it will keep it pushed down.

We definitely need to keep our eyes on it, but it is still very possible that it will stay south of us.

At some point flights will be canceled and not started again for days and tourists will be stuck there.

When exactly are you getting to the bad part....? :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom