What are you charging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know of one shop around here that does a package deal for adv. nitrox, deco procedures, and entry trimix for around $1200. I think the classes are more than that individually...they were charging $150 each for adv. nitrox and deco proc and $400 each for entry mix and advanced mix, but they raised their prices in 2003.

Spectre once bubbled...
Advanced Nitrox/Deco Procedures - $295 (each)
EL trimix = $795

wow thats cheap. I would never teach the either class for only 300 bucks, these are the longest classes with the most teaching involved. I think these two classes should cost more than the trimix classes cost

i paid 250 canadian for padi open water..including books.and that was here in soutwestern ontario

I'm heading to the Bahamas to do TDI intro trimix next week. The shop I'm doing it through is charging $700 for the course.

The instructor said to expect $300-400 for the gas fills for the 6 diving days (Sun-Fri) depending on what mixes we get at the local shop we'll be using.

I'm not renting anything except back-tanks and lead. Taking my 2 al-40s for deco as the instructor says they aren't available down there.

I 'think' I paid (I'd have to check in my diving receipts drawer at home to be sure) about $5-600 for deco a little over a year ago through the same shop & instructor.

chrispete once bubbled...
We have a LDS in our area that charges $99 for two people (two for one special) - price includes books, tables, pool fees, lake fees, and equipment... This worries me quite a bit from a quality of instruction standpoint, but then again I work for one of their competitors, so maybe I'm biased....

It may be like the fellow in our area that runs the $99 specials. You have to buy your gear from him also. Basic gear usually totals out at over $350 by the time he's finished with you.

In my dive shop tour yesterday, I chatted with guys at a shop pretty close to my home. I decided to check their advanced nitrox and deco procedures prices.

$245 Advanced Nitrox
$395 Deco Procedures

$495 combined course.

I paid $150CDN for OW class/pool plus $40 for the manual. Have to provide/purchase M/F/S/W, don't have to buy from them, but must be "scuba" quality (no Dolfino PVC masks :) ). Prices includes extra one on one class or pool if required, example having trouble with mask clearing.
AFTER you've pass the written and pool tests, it was $325 for the certifying dive weekend. Before you scream way too much, it's a 3 to 3 and a half hour drive, so they provide 2 nights accomodation, all your meals, as well as all your gear (wetsuit, BC, regs, etc). They also provide a staff diver for every buddy pair, so that if one person is struggling, they get the attention they need. If someone is really struggling, they'll do their next dive with just the staff diver and their buddy will be paired up with another staff, so that they aren't held back.
They charge separately, so if you don't complete the class/pool, you're not out the $$ for the OW.
Advanced was around $325 for the weekend, also included all food and accomodation, did not include wetsuit etc. Most doing advanced have already bought much of their gear. They insist on a minimum 20 logged dives before you can AOW and prefer to see you in the water (on a group dive) to assess your skills before you sign up. I had 34 dives logged before I went, actually had one of their staff divers ask why I hadn't done advanced yet about 2 weekends before the course. (I had arranged to do my AOW, the same weekend my wife did her OW). Staff ratio for AOW was one instructor overall, plus one divemaster for each student. Most skills were performed by a student buddy pair attended by their staff divers. Night dive and deep dives were buddied with the staff diver, plus support divers. On the deep for example, we had 4 students, buddied with 4 divemasters plus 2 instructors. Night dive was similar, with the addition of a couple of instructors hanging out on the surface for an "overhead" view on proceedings.

Other local stores quote lower "up front" prices, but add in gear rentals, etc. and don't end up any cheaper in the end.

Haven't done nitrox, etc, so don't what they're charging.

Some friends and me are taking the new Padi Dsat course they put three courses in one for 650.00. Advanced nitrox, deco procedures and entry level trimix. We are doing a couple of dives at the local lake and the rest at the west coast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom