What are your 3 favorite pieces of SCUBA Gear???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let us know how that works for you when you realize it's time for gear replacement while you're inside a wreck at 130'.
Uh huh......

Obviously I was talking about using my top of the line snowboard gear until it falls apart and am not going to use a regulator on its last leg. I have life support scuba gear serviced in regular intervals so I shouldn't get to that point.

But I do use my non-life support scuba gear until it falls apart. I don't go even dive close to that deep or penetrate wrecks, but I couldn't care less that my booties are tattered and I will still use my wetsuit for one more summer when it's just about worn out.

I figured as much I just couldn't resist working off of your post given how you put it. I got this image in my head of a poor guy in a wreck with pieces of dive gear falling all around him and longingly looking towards the exit point.

Let us know how that works for you when you realize it's time for gear replacement while you're inside a wreck at 130'.
I drive my cars until the wheels come off. In reality, they never have really fallen off. I bought a Sherwood Magnum in 1980. I used it for multiple decades and it was only retired when replacement parts became an issue and that was only in the last few years.

Most failures of good gear at 130’ inside of a wreck are are going to be the diver failing to inspect and maintain his gear, not that he spent too much money on it.

I drive my cars until the wheels come off. In reality, they never have really fallen off. I bought a Sherwood Magnum in 1980. I used it for multiple decades and it was only retired when replacement parts became an issue and that was only in the last few years.

Most failures of good gear at 130’ inside of a wreck are are going to be the diver failing to inspect and maintain his gear, not that he spent too much money on it.
I'm the same way. I get a satisfaction from getting the 'full life' out of my stuff. I actually prefer to do this than get new stuff. Weird, I know.

Spread some live for your favorite products, or maybe give a newer diver something to chew on when thy're thinking about gear choices...

At any rate, list your 3 or 4 favorite pieces of gear (be specific... 'Halcyon Eclipse 40lbs wing', NOT 'My BP/W).

Here's mine (not in any specific order).

1. Shearwater Perdix AI Computer w/ transmitter
2. Deep6 Eddy Fins w/ hard soled Henderson Boots
3. Halcyon 3.3 meter DSMB w/ Dive Gear Express SS Spool

Hi noj3333,

I like my entire kit! Well, with one exception...

1. Shearwater Perdix AI (the exception: Next purchase, but I have dived with two Shearwater Research computers and think they are boss)
  2. My entire mix-n-match Kit.
  3. My entire Kit with pony bottle rig attached.
I love it so much I dive my "standard" kit all the time, even when I really don't need a pony bottle, or DSMB, or spare mask, or Hollis torch, or hog-looped primary, or...

Just because...
markm

My middle son who’s grown up enough to move out on his own and be his own man will tell you the three most important things needed to dive abroad.

1. Passport
2 a twenty four hour emergency passport actually takes four working days to get
3 my father is no longer responsible for my important crap I need to take care of my own life.

Knowledge and experiences are also important tools in diving says dad.

Back
Top Bottom