What are your dive goals / dreams for 2024?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Meet a dive buddy of the opposite sex, approximate same age, and wants to travel to cool dive sites :wink:
I'm slowly grooming one of my existing partners into becoming a diver. Sometimes you gotta play the long game!

Meet a dive buddy of the opposite sex, approximate same age, and wants to travel to cool dive sites :wink:

Forgot that one ! Thank you for the reminder !

I'm slowly grooming one of my existing partners into becoming a diver. Sometimes you gotta play the long game!
Good for you! There is hope.
Unfortunately, my prospects in the local area are dismal. Sad, especially considering I live in an awesome dive locale.

I'm trying to get one of mine to go sidemount then tech so we can do some bigger dives but thus far all she wants to talk about is going back to Bali. So be careful if you take them somewhere tropical to start the process, you might not get a cold water buddy out of the experience.

I'm retiring and moving to Cyprus in March. Goals are to get my compressor setup, find some bank bottles, buy a Zodiac and refine my sidemount skills.
Having your own boat is so liberating! Even if you are not diving, being able to say "I'm going to go explore this new spot" is lots of fun.
I'm trying to get one of mine to go sidemount then tech so we can do some bigger dives but thus far all she wants to talk about is going back to Bali. So be careful if you take them somewhere tropical to start the process, you might not get a cold water buddy out of the experience.
Nah, we started in Puget Sound. She actually started in just a swimsuit. But we got her a 3/2 earlier this year. I told her I will get her a pink tank when she gets certified.

Having your own boat is so liberating! Even if you are not diving, being able to say "I'm going to go explore this new spot" is lots of fun.

Nah, we started in Puget Sound. She actually started in just a swimsuit. But we got her a 3/2 earlier this year. I told her I will get her a pink tank when she gets certified.

I'm putting together a pink sidemount harness. Jokes on her since I also like pink accessories for the visibility, but I don't think she'd mind matching.

I have only been certified for about 15 months. I am so hooked. I currently have 34 dives, and have dove in 4 countries. I have dove the cold water of Hood canal in Washington state to the warm waters of Curacao.an running a hybrid of certifications. I have my PADI open water, Nitrox and SSI drysuit certifications so far.

For this coming year I would like to get my dive count close to 60. I am also looking at getting Deep dive, Navigation, night and low viability certifications. I mostly don't wan to miss a possible dive trip because of a certification. I'm not sure if I will go with PADI or SSI going forward. I am going to Bonaire in January, that will be amazing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom