What are your dive goals / dreams for 2024?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoping for quite the year!

Get "proficient" on my MEG
Receive my New Seaskin suit :D
Get "full cave upgrade"
2 domestic (Norway) cave-diving trips scheduled, quite a bit of mine diving (sweden) planned as well.
Hoping to do a west coast road-dive trip, the RB should make that easier 🤗

I've been about a year out of the water without any diving due to life (work, finishing my master's degree, moving back to Maryland). I'd love to get back into the water and get back into teaching.
Definitely get in the water, even if it's a shore dive, and even if it's only a few per year.
Got an opportunity to get a scientific designitation for $500. Seriously considering it. Don't know what to do with it other than always wanted it..
Is this like those "Established Titles" things they advertise, where you give them money and they give you a certificate claiming you're now a "Lord" or "Lady" and how it's totally legitimate?

Definitely get in the water, even if it's a shore dive, and even if it's only a few per year.

Is this like those "Established Titles" things they advertise, where you give them money and they give you a certificate claiming you're now a "Lord" or "Lady" and how it's totally legitimate?
no. The AAUS is a scietific diving desigination. Most government or research jobs require it. the caveat is that they also usually require a biology degree. I have neither.
But.. I am interested in going into a more scientific route with my diving. It would take a few years for me to get my 4yr degree.. and I am no spring chicken...

surpass 100 dives

dial in my buoyancy, and better understand my kit so I know how to adjust on the fly without a ton of trial and error

dial in my trim

do several wreck dives

surpass 100 dives

dial in my buoyancy, and better understand my kit so I know how to adjust on the fly without a ton of trial and error

dial in my trim

do several wreck dives
I always tell new divers that it takes 50 dives to have a clue. At 100 you realize at 50 you didn't have a clue.
Great goals you have there. Figuring out the minutia of gear is key to really enjoying the diving.
Hope you keep a detail logbook with all that info captured for reference.

no. The AAUS is a scietific diving desigination. Most government or research jobs require it. the caveat is that they also usually require a biology degree. I have neither.
@Scuba_Jenny,

I understand that other scientific fields (e.g., Underwater Archaeology) can also qualify, too--though I haven't verified this.

rx7diver

@Sebs could you drop me a DM? I seem to not be able to do so due to the 5 public posts requirement.
I have some questions that you might be able to help answer. Thanks in advance!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom