What are your favorite foods?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hm… I would have to say that in light of Pesach (Passover) starting on friday night, my favourite food for now is Matzah Ball Soup, with a little bit of carrots and peas in chicken broth. I have seen many variations (ex: using beef broth and deep frying the matzah balls after they cook…), but the standard holds the best. I mean, after 500+ years, the tradition remains the best.

Happy Pesach to all.

Scallops, sauteed in butter and garlic. Have to go to Oz to get the best ones :)

a big bowl of udon and some unagi... YUM!

Two Baluts a dozen hot Pan de Sol and an ice cold domestic San Miguel or three or four.
Or
A dozen Apalachacola oysters on the half shell with some Louisiana hot sauce, crispy saltine crackers and an ice cold Corona or three or four.
Or
A Lions Burger and french fries served by Kirk himself with an ice cold Amstel Bright or three or four.
Or
A large portion of hot Kaw Phat served on a banana leaf and an ice cold Singha or three or four.

And on it goes.....

Toss up between some extraordinary French food or Japanese. When these two cuisines come together you get amazing food. Out here they call it fusion food or Pacific Rim cuisine - the freshest fish with unbelievable sauces.

Then too Cajun or Creole is wonderful. As are Thai and Indian. I love barbecue too.

The only ethnic food I don't really like is English food. Great cheese and beer, but they sure know how to cook the best parts out of a good piece of meat or veggies. :wink:

Sushi, I don't know if it is the raw fish or the Sake, but it's real good.

MissyP-- Bravo, steak and lobster is like the tag team wrestling champions of the world. They can't be beat :wink:

A good homemade pizza.

A steak grilled outside in the middle of summer.

My mom's Thanksgiving dinner.

If it was my 'last supper' I would pick the following.
An appetizer of coal oven burning pizza from 7th Ave. in Manhattan. This would be a white pizza with spinach and ricotta cheese.
A huge lobster pulled out of the waters in Anagada in the BVI's.
I would like a stuffed, broccoli and cheese baked potato to go with it from Jason's deli here in Houston.

Nine grain harvest bread from the Corner Bakery in Chicago, would have to be on the table and unlimited with olive oil and fresh romano cheese. Also a chopped salad from Maggianos in Chicago.

For dessert, hands down, the Coconut ice cream and Kaluah, from Primos in Cozumel.

Then..roll me out...

OE2X:
The only ethnic food I don't really like is English food. Great cheese and beer, but they sure know how to cook the best parts out of a good piece of meat or veggies. :wink:

I have a friend who has a sister in Kent. Last fall she said, "Well, it's September - time for my sister to start cooking the vegetables for Christmas dinner..."

Gotta echo the vote for Primos in Coz.

I was in Victoria, BC last week and had a Dungeness crab. (I believe this is the one also known as a Puget Sound king crab.)

Holy gluttony! Until that thing was finished, I didn't even want to talk to anyone. No wine, no bread, just stay outa my way. Ye gods, it was good. Large chunks of meat in every leg. Only crab I ever ate with edible stuff in the body, too.

Probably not very environmental, however.

Back
Top Bottom