What are your favorite things to do (aside from diving?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

speuci

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'll be at FA next week with the gf who is a newbie diver (thus we'll probably limit ourselves to two dives per day). For those who are experienced here, what are your favorite things to do on the island (excluding diving and restaurants).

Also, what would you reccomend as 'must sees' for cozumel first timers?

Thanks!!

I would rent a car and drive around the island. There are many deserted great beaches on the east side, along with some good bars that have decent food. If you are going to be there on a Sunday night, the square is very busy with music and other activities.

Not everyone likes the place, but we have fun renting a moped/jeep/whatever for a trip over to coconut's for drinks and such.

Go to the museum. It's a few blocks north of the square on Melgar (the main drag).
Go to the Punta Sur park at the south end of the island.
Go to the San Gervasio ruins in the middle of the island just off the cross island road.
Go deep sea fishing.
Go to Chankanaab park on the west coast between the Presidente and Fiesta Americana.

All of the above but for sure go to town on Sunday night for the festivities.
And do shop for unique souvenirs.
Jean in MO

Go people watch sitting up on the sea wall. I love seeing families all crowded together on 1 bike! The sunset is gorgeous to take in each night from the same perch too :). I could also spend a few hours watching the spray-painters around the square working and creating their works of true art!!! They are all soooooo talented!!!!! Attending church service is quite unique too. Go have a massage! You'll have fun no matter what you do if you remember that you're NOT AT HOME OR WORK, so just go with the flow and allow yourself to chill, relax, and forget your watch!

My tastes are pretty simple. Read a book, drink beer, hang out at the no-name bar.

If you're more ambitious, take cooking or Spanish lessons. Or go to a movie, go bowling or play miniature golf.

WHAT?!?!? There are things to do in Cozumel other then diving and great meals?!?!? NO WAY!

When I'm not diving I'm downloading the photos or video from the days dives.... and enjoying watching the ocean, passing boats, etc., and a cold bevvie while the photos and/or video are downloading... then it's just about time to get cleaned up and decide on where to go for another great dinner in Cozumel. :D

My tastes are pretty simple. Read a book, drink beer, hang out at the no-name bar.
Ditto, ditto... except I'm happy hanging out under a palapa the FA's beach. But for first timers, it's good to get all the touristy things out of your system and when you return you can enjoy vegging out without feeling like your missing anything. :wink:

ggunn:
Go to Chankanaab park on the west coast between the Presidente and Fiesta Americana.
Actually, Chankanaab is south of both just a 15-20 minute walk from FA. If you're up to it, it'd suggest walking otherwise a cab it $6 or $7 USD depending on what kind of shouting match you choose to get into. :shocked2:

Back
Top Bottom