What are your reasons for taking up SCUBA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1.Wanted to since I was little.
2. Fish don't talk or back stab or gossip or do any of those other annoying human things.
3. Best way to just get away.
4. Beautiful scenery.

For me it started as a certification for a vacation I was going on. After the first OW class I was hooked. I have done martial arts for 15 years and am beginning to burn out. The diving will probably replace the martial arts in the near future. I plan on seeing how far I can take my diving education. Who knows?

I kinda got dragged into it by my dad when I was 17. He went on a cruise, took a discover class and loved it. Came home and told me he and I were going to take the class.

Once we did our open water dives I was hooked.

Not that I mind... free training, and a dive buddy I can trust... what more could I need.

She signed us up so I would take her to where the drinks were as colorful as the fish and where it never got cold.

1. Snorkeling since I was a kid
2. You get to wear a knife
3. Divers look so badass in their gear that whenever you trek down the beach in it people are in aww.

1) been wanting to do it since i saw my dad's old dive magazines scattered around my grandparents' house when i was about 3 or 5
2) love the water, learned to swim and snorkel on my own
3) got my OW for free
4) can finally afford it
5) i wanted to become PPD and hang around with all the other cool dudes hahaha
6) there is only so much discovery channel one can handle before he starts sticking his face to the screen and making darth vader sounds
7) flying costs way too much and after the classes you need to buy a PLANE!
8) 7,107 islands and to not dive them!?! crazy
9) I'm a pisces
10) all of the above

Jag

Because everytime I turned on the TV and watched the Discovery Channel or went to Sea World when I was young, I just always wanted to get in there and see for myself, to explore and do something that most people I know don't do. It's a fascination with the ocean that I've had for as long as I can remember....

To get over my Hydrophobia. It worked.

Used to kick grandpa's jet fins around the koi pond when i was little. Think I was hooked from that point on. Then I got into reef tanks and i took the plunge. All puns intended.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom