What books are you reading these days?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maureen Dowd

I wonder what she has to say....

how can you read so many at once? WHEW...

Once an Eagle will be my next one.

Ghost Wars looks good.

Ghost Wars is very interesting (you want it when I'm done?). I read at a rather rapid clip and usually have three to five going at any one moment. I try to keep at least a fiction and a non-fiction going at all times. It helps that our TV is just hooked up to the DVD Player and VCR, no antenna, no cable (or is that too liberal for ya'll<G>).

yea...I bet you eat millet in the morning and wear Burkenstocks.

yes, i will read that one Thall and allow some fresh ideas in.

catherine96821:
yea...I bet you eat millet in the morning and wear Burkenstocks.

yes, i will read that one Thall and allow some fresh ideas in.
Can I have it when your done?
Just finished "The places in between" A mans walk through Afganistan at the end of 2001
Recently read "Faith and Fathers" by John McCain, good read. I still don't get liberals in the military but his whole family were great. Did you know both his father and grandfather were four star admrials?:11:
The Pirate hunter about Joe Kidd was pretty good, kinds slow but worth reading as was "The pirates Lafeat (sp))"
So much out ther to learn I don't realy have time for fiction anymore.
Oh ya, the teddy roseevelt ( major sp, too much wine me thinks) "the river of doubt" book about south america
"Over the edge of the world" about Magellans circumnavagation of the world, first to do it was very good too.
So many books, so few rainy days.....

Like Thalassamania, I usually have a few going at the same time. Mostly non-fiction. I like reading biographys and seeing what makes other folks tick. Here is my current list:

Just finished Hiding on the Bottom, http://www.lulu.com/krosemond which was written by a friend in my diving group. Great non-fictional book that centers around diving and spearfishing with lots of local flavor. Next is Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin, Savage Beauty which is the biography of poet Edna St. Vincent Millay - love her. Then another book called My Life in Orange which is an autobiography about this guy who grew up in a Buddhist commune with his mother and last but certainly not least, Tying Rocks to Clouds - Meetings and Conversations with Wise and Spiritual People. I've had it since '97 and every once in a while pick up and reread. Interesting read about the author's conversations with various "spiritual" people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom