What Carry-On Do You Use and What Do You Get In It?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divertimmy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all,

I'm in the market for a carry-on for my wife and I, so I thought I'd check and see what bag you use and what you get in it. Maybe add what airlines you've flown with it as well if you can remember.

Thanks!

Akona Big mouth bag. I can fit all of my warm water gear in it. That would be my regs, BP/W, force fins, mask, and my shorty. My camera doesn't fit. If I'm going someplace cold I need a full size suitcase.

Because I am the family beast of burden, I like to use a backpack with good shoulder padding for my gear so I can carry my wife's and still have hands free. In her defense, she has an injured neck and is very petite. It seems like one of the two shoulder straps is always falling otherwise. I carry regulators, instruments, and my prescription mask. Most everything else can be rented in warm water locations if the check-in gets lost.

My wife and I use 2. I can fit everything for a warm-water trip in my Dive Caddy (XL-sized BC, regs, XL fins, mask, 3mm full wetsuit, gloves, boots, dive computer, couple tshirts, swimsuit, etc.). She uses an Akona Roller with an attachable reg bag -- she can get everything but her fins and her wetsuit in that.

We've used both several times heading to the Carribbean (Continental) with no hassles, and once to Fiji on Air Pacific (was worried about this one since the carry-on limit is very low, but they didn't look at us twice).

Another vote for the Dive Caddy. I'm 6'1", 200lbs and I can fit my entire kit including 3/2 full and a dive skin, plus a few pairs of short and t-shirts in it.

On my trip to the Galapagos, we were strictly limited to weight & the amount of luggage we could take. I had a Deep See roller/ backpack carry-on. In it I had My drysuit, rock boots, undergarments, a prescription mask, snorkel, gloves, a couple hoods,regualtor, 3 computers, weight belt, Jet Fins that fit my rock boots,.... basically everything I needed to dive cold water with, except my BC. I was even able to stuff a few clothes in it. I have seen the Dive Caddy in use, & it looks interesting. It will probably be the way I go in the future. Those on the trip that used the Dive Caddy were able to pack all their dive gear including Semi drysuits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom