What color of diving mask and suit is perfect for under water snorkeling.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Abby1

Registered
Reaction score
I have a pink diving mask, but want a new one for the next trip.:wink::wink: So what color you guys usually wear? How about prepare a snorkeling suit?:bounce::bounce::popcorn:

I've snorkelled since the late 1950s and I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to the snorkelling equipment I use when swimming in the cold waters of the North Sea. In the case of masks, I prefer single-lens oval masks with blue skirts, which can still be purchased new online if you know where to look, e.g.
Neptun.jpg

visores-para-buceo_MLM-F-3963116285_032013.jpg

The Neptun and Ixtapa models above were manufactured respectively in Russia and Mexico.

Last edited:
You need to look cool underwater, so choose something that doesn't clash with your style.

And here is a vintage diving/snorkelling suit with matching fins:

A yellow-skirted mask is harder to find, but here's a new Korea-made mask I picked up once on eBay:
mask2.jpg

It's reasonably easy to assemble a matching set of snorkelling gear when going vintage or retro style because solid colours are the rule. It's much harder in the case of "modern" gear. Today's manufacturers apparently think that everybody wants permutations and combinations of different colours, just because the technology is there to do so.

I bought a white diving mask from amazon by VILISUN, and it was surprise me when i received it, it looks so lovely. i love it! I used it in my holiday, and it is very suitable for me with a clear vision and comfy wearing.
61WLr9fRWnL._SL1000_.jpg

611cq%2BunTLL._SL1000_.jpg

61jpZK%2BZjOL._SL1000_.jpg

black skirts I think are crucial for skin diving. The bright sun can reflect back off your lenses and you can see quite clear details of your cheeks in the reflection. I find it immensely annoying.

Back
Top Bottom