What critter do you want to see in COZ the most???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trigger fish, parrot fish, sharks, rays, eels, damsel fish, clown fish, angelfish, barracuda, octopus, sea turtles, squid, nudibranchs, brittle stars, anemones, cucumbers, soft corals, hard corals, lobsters, crabs, shrimp, everything else.

I expect I won't be disappointed on many of these. :)

I've been a marine aquarium enthusiast for decades but have never seen most of those animals in their native environment so this is very exciting stuff.:)
no clown fish.

You definitely won't be disappointed! I have seen all of those except the clown fish.
yep. I'd be really surprised to see one.... but then again, we'll see lots of lionfish!!!

I wanna see a whale shark. Hermit Crab wants to see/dive with dolphins.

I wanna see one of those cardzard gorilla things!

A whaleshark would be tops, big sharks really get me going (the 'dangerous' ones), rays, octopus, SEAHORSIES!! a whale would be cool (i've seen humpbacks really close to my dive boats, but never in the water), cuddlefish (are these found in cozumel?? I've seen them in Spain - VERY cool!!), dolphins would be sweet too! ... and just about every other thing that lives underwater!!

Jess really wants to see a turtle and seahorse. I have yet to see any kind of shark while diving, so that would be cool. personally i like the small critters hiding in the barrel sponges and such, I also hear that there is a stone fish or something that is only found in Coz so thats a must see.

Jess really wants to see a turtle and seahorse. I have yet to see any kind of shark while diving, so that would be cool. personally i like the small critters hiding in the barrel sponges and such, I also hear that there is a stone fish or something that is only found in Coz so thats a must see.

It's a splendid toad fish your thinking of. Here's a page with a little info on those critters unique to the island.
Cozumel Mexico; geography, ecosystem, and climate.
I also read the other day that the 1st turtles have started hatching! :D

It's a splendid toad fish your thinking of. Here's a page with a little info on those critters unique to the island.
Cozumel Mexico; geography, ecosystem, and climate.
I also read the other day that the 1st turtles have started hatching! :D

When I first 'discovered' scuba in Aruba, there was a huge section of beach closed off to protect all the turtle eggs / babies. There were (what it seemed like) MILLIONS of little turtles everywhere!!! That was VERY cool to see! I love seeing turtles!! They often swim around with you!

When I first 'discovered' scuba in Aruba, there was a huge section of beach closed off to protect all the turtle eggs / babies. There were (what it seemed like) MILLIONS of little turtles everywhere!!! That was VERY cool to see! I love seeing turtles!! They often swim around with you!
Wow, what a really cool thing to see!

Would LOVE to see the toadfish!

Back
Top Bottom