What detergent to use for cleaning Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will dunk ours in odoban then fresh water and let air dry but not 100% sure this is good or bad but haven't had any problems as of yet. So don't take my way as right just what we do lol

I just use fresh water, hose things off like fins and boots and drysuit, hood. Regs mask and other hard items soak over night in a bucket of water with a pinch of chlorine. I cap the inlet with proper caps and let them soak, proper caps are like good DIN caps that seal on the face o ring, for yoke caps like Zeagle, Atomic,Sherwood, deep6 etc. not the new Scuba pro that are just dust caps.

camera and computers soak in a sink with warm water and a drop of liquid hand soap for a surfactant.
I don’t like to let my gear in a chlorinated pool, much less a “pinch of chlorine”. I would think that would be pretty brutal on things like regs, wetsuits BCD…

When I started diving, it was recommended to buy a pint bottle of vodka to pour into your BCD. I kept buying the vodka, but never got around to pouring in the BC:drunks:.

I eventually came up with a better solution. Buy a solid black BCD and pretend there is nothing growing in it. Works great…

I believe the technical term for it is “water”
Water?! You should look into (edit) DiHydrogen Monoxide, a potent chemical. Some crazy people even drink it.

Water?! You should look into Hydrogen Dioxide, a potent chemical. Some crazy people even drink it.
I think you mean diHydrogen Monoxide, though I’ve also heard it as Hydrogen Hydroxide.

Simple green, steramine are mine when just using water.

Reactions: JFS
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom