What dive shop to rent from?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No offense Jim, but you should probably be clear that you are the former owner.
No offense taken @rddvet . I am a former owner from several years ago. That has no bearing on CCDS being my preferred LDS. I have used Extreme Exposure and Dive Outpost in the past.

I visit CCDS as my main dive shop, they've been nothing but nice to me. If you are looking for advice, you are most likely to get a more experienced opinion at CCDS. All their employees I've seen are experienced cave divers in the community.

I occasionally visit EE when I need stuff only the sell.

Amigos is a bit out of the way for me, I only visit them if I am diving the Branford area caves. The new owner Bruce was fairly attentive making sure the banks were filled, and was making changes so there is more room to get fills

I don't really visit DO since Kathy retired. The GSD that they have is very aggressive and has snapped at me, that makes be wary coming from someone that like most dogs better than I like most people. And despite being a gun guy, not a big fan of open carry particularly their reason why.
Be prepared. The dog and their bad attitudes are the two complaints I previously expressed and was stalked by the owner for 3 months online. I’m not a solitary incident. They seem to enjoy tracking down people who openly discuss the displeasure with their shop and trying to intimidate them. The adult thing to do would be to learn from those with negative comments and improve.
The dog is a problem and the owner gets off on it. I’m a dog person but don’t want to be anywhere near that one
Lol. Can’t shoot a thief in your store. Lol. Not in FL anyway. Sounds like a power trip.
100% power trip.

and was stalked by the owner for 3 months online
What did they do to stalk you?

My wife and I avoid Dog Outpost. I join those who recommend Extreme Exposure or Cave Country Dive Shop.

I'm a TDI trained diver, but EE has fast become one of my favorite dive shops. Their service is incredible, they are extremely friendly, and they have always made me feel welcome. I start and end all my Ginnie trips there now for fills, tank rentals, and gear purchases. Not being a GUE diver makes no difference to them.

I'm a TDI trained diver, but EE has fast become one of my favorite dive shops. Their service is incredible, they are extremely friendly, and they have always made me feel welcome. I start and end all my Ginnie trips there now for fills, tank rentals, and gear purchases. Not being a GUE diver makes no difference to them.

I bring some of the biggest newbs in diving to EE. Ee treats every one of them like they were valued customers that they wanted to keep. Some of their questions and comments are down right embarrassing, but EE treats them like gold. Gone are the days of GUE and WKPP with “strokes” in High Springs, at least with EE.

With that said, if a dive shop stalked and harassed me, it would be very bad for them. As most of you know, I was really happy with the chaos of cave shop politics. And while I’ve backed way off over the years, I have a bankroll and an anti-bully attitude that I truly believe could shut down just about any dive shop but EE, and could certainly shut down one being mishandled.

Thank you all for the thorough advice.

We will get in touch with EE and CCDS.

We will get in touch with EE and CCDS.
Just like any other retail entity you will probably like one over the other due to personalities and how quick and accurate/good the service is.

I hope you will come back here and tell us your opinion after your trip!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom