What do most Scuba divers do for a living?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

femalediver

Reaction score
I was just wondering because I think that SCUBA divers are a special group of people that care about the quality of life. Being a recent grad, I wonder what kind of career will allow me to experience the same kind of freedom and joy as diving gave me. Any responses will be helpful. Thank you! :)

Occupation? Forget it. Takes up too much of your time. Find a good-looking, wealthy, middle-aged widow with no family ties, likes to travel and isn't jealous.

Any occupation you can name there is a diver doing it!

Remember it isn't what you do for a living that defines you but rather what you do for a life.

Bob

I like to tell folks I'm a manual laborer ... which is to say I write manuals for a living. Been doing that line of work since graduating college in 1976 with a degree in physics and not a clue what I wanted to do with it.

I'm one of those lucky people who stumbled into something I enjoyed doing, was reasonably good at, and it paid me well enough to allow me a reasonable amount of money for recreational activities ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I would guess that there in not a significant correlation between career and diving, though one may exist.
I am currently an engineering student.

Location, Location, Location to quote the real estate industry. You will get more diving in as a manager/plumber/teacher in the keys than you will as a marine biologist in Wisconsin (I know one)

I was an oceanographic tech, it had freedom and confinement all rolled into one. I got to travel around the world collecting oceanographic data and visiting different ports but spent a lot of time confined on a ship.

I'm a lab manager, which doesn't really affect the amount of time I want to dive.

I was a diver first then found a career. Taught myself to dive solo in the 60s while at school from a book 'The Skin Divers Bible'.
Trained as an Engineer and have since made a living over the years from whatever I fancied doing from the following, in order. Applications Engineer, Commercial Diver, Surf Professional, Yacht Builder, Telecommunication Engineer and Property Developer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom