what do you guys think of hog equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Diemer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was just wondering what you guys think of hog equipment? I'm
Looking into getting a backplate and wing to dive doubles. I like the hog 58lb wing and the I believe it's a d1 cold first stage. Anyone have any input about there quality?

What kind of tanks are you using on your doubles 58? I dive a Hollis sms100 and dive two hp steel 100's. I really like the design and the prices on the hog gear is great

i dont have a HOG bp or wing, but the HOG gear that i do have is excellent. i love my regs!

Just bought two HOG cold water regulators. Dove the Vandenberg this week with them and love them! Easy breathing. Great price.

Two thumbs up for Hog. Great gear, great prices, great service.

I've swapped all but one of my reg sets over to HOG, been diving them for over four years now and still like them. My only remaining reg is a SP Mk2/R395 that I use as a deco reg but will eventually swap the second stage out for a HOG. I have taken the HOG reg repair class so I do all my own maintenance now. They may not have fancy gold trim and other useless bells and whistles but they are a great bargain and just work.

I use HOG and Edge regs and a HOG mask. I am very happy with all of them.

Where do you go to take the hog repair classes? What really got me hooked on hog was the price and everyone down here in Florida is raving about them in all the tec shops.

I took the class at Beneath The Sea back in March, it was put on by DRIS. You do need to have at least one tech cert to take the class though. I thought the class was excellent and do recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom