What do you guys think of this? TrekPak (on Kickstarter.com)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark Derail

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I like funding great ideas in exchange for a cool product, I'm a regular on Kickstarter, especially for photography.

What do you guys think of this idea? I'm partial to the Deuter backpack + trekpak solution.

TrekPak by TrekPak — Kickstarter

I find that replacing the foam cubes in the pelican boxes not such a great idea - I currently own the velcro madness of an Akona backpack with rollers, I really like it's size, fits in all but the smallest of airplanes as a carry-on.

I was thinking of getting a midsized pelican for my UW cam gear when traveling and on the boat ops. Last trip to GC I put my cam gear & strobes in with our wetsuits in the Akona wet bag I bought. That worked well.

I'm worried putting a pelican + thousands of $$ of UW cam gear through 'ordinary' checked-in luggage. Unless I put it inside an ugly suitcase to disguise it.

What do you guys use, and why?

BTW - Kickstarter.com is worth looking into if you've never heard of it. I sponsored some cool Timelapse making products.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom