What do you use BC Jacket, BCD Back inflate or BP/W? Take poll.

What do you use BC Jacket, BCD Back inflate or BP/W? Take poll.

• I dive with a jacket BCD

Votes: 111 20.7%
  • I dive with a back inflate BCD

Votes: 195 36.4%
  • I dive with a BP/W

Votes: 229 42.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NWGratefulDiver:
Doubles rig ... Fred T 9# plate, hog harness and Halcyon Evolve 40# wing
Primary singles rig ... DSS plate w/5.3# plate weights, hog harness, and DSS Torus 36# wing
Backup singles rig ... DSS plate w/5.3# plate weights, hog harness, and Halcyon Eclipse 40# wing
Travel singles rig ... DSS plate, hog harness, and Oxycheq standard 45# wing
Pool rig ... Dive Rite Transplate w/AL plate and Oxycheq standard 30# wing

Does that get me five votes in the BP/W column ??? :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Just curious why you have a singles travel wing with more lift than your primary singles rig? I assume most of your travel diving is in warmer areas than the PNW, and thus you'd need less lift. Not a troll, really just curious. Thanks.

Waiting impatiently for my DSS to arrive on my doorstep. I want the cookie I was promised!!! kk

Rainer:
Just curious why you have a singles travel wing with more lift than your primary singles rig? I assume most of your travel diving is in warmer areas than the PNW, and thus you'd need less lift. Not a troll, really just curious. Thanks.
Lift isn't the consideration ... I chose this as my travel wing because when deflated it's about a half-inch thick. Takes up about as much space in my luggage as a T-shirt.

And actually, I do sometimes travel to places where I'm also bringing my drysuit ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hop Devil:
Cold Water
Hammerhead Stainless Steel with Heavy Sta

Warm Water
Hammerhead Aluminum with light STa

Wing: Dive Rite Trek

Just curious. Why the lighter rig in warm salt, where you have more buoyancy, and *need* the weight?

I use an Oceanic Oceanpro QLR.

BKP:
Just curious. Why the lighter rig in warm salt, where you have more buoyancy, and *need* the weight?

Warm water usually means less initial buoyancy, because you are wearing less buoyant exposure suits.

If you have less neoprene on, you need less ballast.

Tobin

cool_hardware52:
Warm water usually means less initial buoyancy, because you are wearing less buoyant exposure suits.

If you have less neoprene on, you need less ballast.

Tobin
Of course, you're right...

I think of "cold" (in my local bubble-blowing quarries/lakes) as 68 to 77 degrees, maybe just a thermocline or two, so I use a 5/4mm, and a 3mm in "warm" salt. The difference is only a couple lbs. of lead, which is more then made up for by the buoyancy of the salt water. Thus... my question.

I realize when most talk fresh "cold," they're talking dry or semi-dry, with much more buoyancy...

My bad... (gotta start turning this thing off *before* the brain shuts down)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom