What do you wear under your dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I found some vague references in a previous thread. I"m looking for more exact, links if possible, for ideas on what to wear underneath my drygloves. I know to stick with wool and I"m looking for something that is not too thick so I still have dexerity. I dive in new england year around (so far 34) is the coldest i've seen but I've talked to some that have been in colder.

Any inputs for the cold cold water and the little bit warmer would be appreciated.

Thank you

I don't use wool. I use thin polarfleece gloves that I buy at Safeway for about $6 apiece. I think you can buy something very similar at REI as a fleece glove liner (but, of course, it's more expensive). They fit in my gloves well, seem to give me lots of insulation, are thin enough for some dexterity, and remain fairly warm when wet. They also, being fleece, dry quickly, and go through the washer and dryer intact. Lots of advantages over wool, in my eyes.

I use polarfleece glove liners from REI. If you buy them in the spring they go on sale very cheap, they are warm and they hold up well.

Polar fleece liners.

Back
Top Bottom