What Do YOU Wear When Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Under my pool wetsuit I like bikinis that resemble underwear in structure. Underwire bra top no padding to be wet and soggy, for a 32d. Its hard to find suits like that, right now its leopard print only because it was the only one i could find. I only wear a drysuit in the ocean and just wear my normal bra and underwear, and a chill guard under my undergarment for winter and long dives, or a thinner luluemon running top for shorter/teaching dives in summer. I have no issue wearing any bcd. I wear weezle socks and i use angora gloves for dryglove liners. Warm and light weight.

I wear a swimming/lycra two piece. Boy shorts (I do not look good in bikini bottoms :()and some sort of full length vest style top. This preserves my modesty a bit if I take off my wetsuit betwee dives. No danger of anything falling out :wink:. I find underwires uncomfortable but they can be quite easily removed by making a tiny hole in the lining and pulling it out. I put on a rash vest or shrkskin over this if I get cold. My wet suit is a Beauchat ladies fit and VERY comfy.

I'm not female so I won't comment on the bikini part, but as for an ill fitting BC remember that many of the clips, especially the horizontal chest strap are there for comfort. If it is uncomfortable to clip it then don't. Just because the clip is there does not mean it must be fastened.

Hope this helps

Dive Safe

Greetings! I, too am a very "curvaceous" woman, and a Scuba Instructor. My FAVORITE BCD is a Zeagle Zena model. The front and back panels are interchangable---so I have a SM-Medium... custom fit to accomodate "my girls" but still fit comfortably and snuggly around my waist. The stretchable front panel actually zips into place, and has straps at the waist to snug it up as needed. It is a great, light-weight travel BC. I do not like it for diving dry, though. It does not have the lift for me to wear enough weight to teach in. As far as what you wear under your wetsuit... A dive skin from DiveGoddess.com Ya just gotta have some style when you dive! These colorful and fun skins are a bit spendy compared to a traditional black skin, but worth it. Skins are great to wear alone if the water is warm, perfect for easing into your wetsuit otherwise. I even wear mine under my dry suit. Kind of keeps everything in place if you get what I mean. Safe diving!

I'm pretty busty and wear a tankini under my wetsuit. I like having 2 pieces for bathroom use and having the full coverage that tankinis offer. I only buy tankinis with no ties. Although they cost a bit more, I've always had great luck finding just the perfect ones at Landsend, and since they sell the tops and bottoms separately, I can mix and match sizes for just the right fit.

I also dive in a Zeagle Zena and recommend it highly as something to consider and try. Like all equipment though, you need to try as many different types and styles as you can to find what is right for YOU. It doesn't matter what the rest of us wear/use, you're the one who has to be comfortable and happy. And like swimsuits, fit and comfort is everything when choosing gear!

I wear my favoured sports bra (a Shock Absorber) and a pair of Under Armour Core Shorts as my "undies" under a wetsuit or drysuit. I actually wear the same sports bras and shorts running, so I have dedicated two sets to diving, and two sets to running and marked them.

I am busty (32DD) and most swimsuits, one piece or two piece, just do not feel supportive enough of my bust even if squashed under a wetsuit. I just find the core shorts super comfortable. I am not a very modest person, but both also provide enough coverage that I am not worried my breasts are going to pop out while undressing, or my butt cheeks won't be hanging out either!

Sometimes in cooler water I might add a rashguard or dive skin under my wetsuit, but I have a merino-lined wetsuit which actually feels quite comfortable and smooth against the skin and so forth so it is not really necessary.

You just need to find the right BC for you if you have a larger bust. I have a Soul i3 which has swivel buckles at the shoulder straps. As a result, they just naturally swivel to the sides and do not run over my breasts at all. The chest strap is also very adjustable vertically, so if you DO choose to use it, you can move it up or down to accomodate your chest and/or your drysuit valve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom