What does an annual cost you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wel guess hog regs are cheap enough to repair yourself or throw away if you mess it up
use it for a year then buy a new one cheaper than most high quality main regs if serviced by a shop

wel guess hog regs are cheap enough to repair yourself or throw away if you mess it up
use it for a year then buy a new one cheaper than most high quality main regs if serviced by a shop

I would expect you can use it (or any good regulator) for 3 to 5 years without any problem if you take care of it..

I think the last time I had my doubles regs serviced, it was about $125 per first stage/second stage set. It's one of the reasons I'm getting rid of my SP regs, no matter how much I like them.

Imagine that. A dive shop owner whining about enthusiasm over a brand they don't carry.

Oh Chair Pie I don't listen to anything you have to say after your little hissy fit about moderators. Yeah, I don't carry Hoggy Style. I don't see what's so magical about them and from what I've read here they are easily repaired or thrown away. Seems like everyone is a little carried away by them, but as I said, fads come and go.

i had a mares Abyss wasnt serviced for 9 years never a problem the only fault it came back from the shop was the crome plate had worn away (probly from the ultra sound cleaner when it was being cleaned and serviced that time!)

i had a mares Abyss wasnt serviced for 9 years never a problem the only fault it came back from the shop was the crome plate had worn away (probly from the ultra sound cleaner when it was being cleaned and serviced that time!)

HA!!!! It's funny you say that. I used a Mares MR22 1st stage with Abyss 2nd stage. Didn't service it for about the same amount of time, maybe a bit more, and it worked flawlessly the entire time. Had it serviced by our tech just for fun. It was in great condition.

Yup. Totally a fad...

I dove a Mares MR12 Axis for 6 years without servicing. All that money saved paid for my Hogs.

hey Toddthecat it would seem quite a few people share your views with certain posters yep + one more lol
hogs are good for the tinkerers out there but dont quite cut the mark so use & abuse them and toss cheap enough (my octopus cost more at trade costs ) lol!!!

Oh Chair Pie I don't listen to anything you have to say after your little hissy fit about moderators. Yeah, I don't carry Hoggy Style. I don't see what's so magical about them and from what I've read here they are easily repaired or thrown away. Seems like everyone is a little carried away by them, but as I said, fads come and go.

I do not own HOG. But it seems to me the "magical" thing about them is VALUE. It seems you get a lot of high performance and customer support for not much $$$. What have you got to compete with that?

Back
Top Bottom