What does the diving look like this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I should be at BW on Sat, hope to see you two.

Have fun Casey, im jealous :)!

Well don't get too excited just yet... BW vis is reported at 3-7 ish feet, forms visable for about 12ft. There is some surge but exit/entry look fine. At the moment storm clouds are passing by so there are little white cap.

Im not sure about the conditions at lobos.

Thanks, Kathy! Hopefully viz clears out a bit. The metsys plot shows a southward wind for the last week or so; perhaps we'll get a nice cold upwelling. :D

Where are you going to be, Casey? I have yet to meet you.
I'll be diving on Sunday.

Hey Kristina,
We'll be at the BW Sat. and probably Sun. I'm hoping Lobos on Monday. It sounds like there will be a lot of familiar faces around this weekend. Come say hi.

Kristina,

Vassili and I will be at BW at 8:30am.... Come say hi.... :)

I have not dove in 5 weeks,,,, I'm excited for two nice dives.....

Monday (my weekend) is looking pretty good for Carmel.

Monday: Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NW 6 to 11 kt in the morning. Mostly sunny. Mixed swell...WNW 3 to 4 ft and SW 1 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.

Neil and I got to BW last night at ~6PM. Entered the water around 7:30 with easy entry. Bit surgy and 5-7 ft vis. It was my first night dive and I thought it was awesome especially the 1.5 foot lobster at 38 feet on the wall. He was on top of a rock waiting for us to spot him and once we got him in the light he immediately tucked his tail and tumbled for shelter under a big rock. I never imagined I'd see a lobster at BW - so cool!!! We're Grabbing breakfast now and headed back to BW now. Today will be my first dives in DSS BP/W. We'll be along the wall - stop by to say hello.

Neil and I got to BW last night at ~6PM. Entered the water around 7:30 with easy entry. Bit surgy and 5-7 ft vis. It was my first night dive and I thought it was awesome especially the 1.5 foot lobster at 38 feet on the wall. He was on top of a rock waiting for us to spot him and once we got him in the light he immediately tucked his tail and tumbled for shelter under a big rock. I never imagined I'd see a lobster at BW - so cool!!! We're Grabbing breakfast now and headed back to BW now. Today will be my first dives in DSS BP/W. We'll be along the wall - stop by to say hello.

Wow awesome! I've only heard rumors about lobster at the BW but never seen one... much the more reason to do more night dives :)

Wow awesome! I've only heard rumors about lobster at the BW but never seen one... much the more reason to do more night dives :)

Just wait until one suddenly jets into your field of view at night! Assuming you don't blow a gasket as your heart rate instantaneously spikes to 220 or so as you have an 'Alien' flashback :shocked2:, they're lots of fun to watch:D The two I saw were sort of a semi-opaque pale cream color.

Guy

50ft viz @ 60ft depth at point lobos today. surgy.
be VERY careful on the ramp it is extra super slippery.
enter at your left , hold to the rocks.

50ft viz @ 60ft depth at point lobos today. surgy.
be VERY careful on the ramp it is extra super slippery.
enter at your left , hold to the rocks.

I call BS! 50ft pfft, it was at least 80ft of vis in 20ft of water. We actually found it quite surgy at 100ft. Nice dive though.

We will be at BW finishing the final cert dives Sunday.

10 ft vis at metridiums, not much surge below 30ft - yup I'm a realist ;-).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom