What does Type 2 Hit refer to, A form of DCS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My vague memory is that it was commercial divers . . . Exposure to a lot of saturation. They get bone lesions, too. I think the bottom line is that it is worth being careful and developing good habits to control ascents and minimize bubbling, and to keep reading the research that comes out as to how that is best done.

Nemrod:
Going home and sleeping after a dive is not an indication of bends. Many people sleep after physical/mental activity, hmmm, think about that a minute.

I have the same feeling. I just came back from my 3rd and 4th open water dives and a couple hours later fell asleep for about an hour. Our descent rate was extremely slow, as we followed the bottom into the shore very slowly while looking at things we found along the way.

We were in 50 degree water, 1:15 minute combined bottom time, with a surface swim before each dive which tired me out, underwater compass navigation which I messed up and had to redo 2 times because of strong currents, then we came out downshore of where we were supposed to be (not my fault! heh) and had to swim back a ways... plus just carrying all that equipment around to/from the car. I was tired after all that!! I would be surprised if I didn't want to go home and take a nap.

Not talking about a good tire after a workout. Extreme fatigue is what to be aware of.

I'm told that the tiredness that you feel has to do with a reduction in the gas exchange surface of your lungs as the small bubbles are filtered out. Is that caused by a change in pressure? Sure. Is that DCS? I'm not sure. THis is one of the things that NITROX is thought to reduce, if used on an identical dive.

Thalassamania:
I'm told that the tiredness that you feel has to do with a reduction in the gas exchange surface of your lungs as the small bubbles are filtered out. Is that caused by a change in pressure? Sure. Is that DCS? I'm not sure. THis is one of the things that NITROX is thought to reduce, if used on an identical dive.

I believe this. How severe? It depends on so many factors. Like I said, you fizz. Just something to put on your radar. Every dive is a deco dive. Monitor YOUR variables.

"I have the same feeling. I just came back from my 3rd and 4th open water dives and a couple hours later fell asleep for about an hour. Our descent rate was extremely slow, as we followed the bottom into the shore very slowly while looking at things we found along the way.

We were in 50 degree water, 1:15 minute combined bottom time, with a surface swim before each dive which tired me out, underwater compass navigation which I messed up and had to redo 2 times because of strong currents, then we came out downshore of where we were supposed to be (not my fault! heh) and had to swim back a ways... plus just carrying all that equipment around to/from the car. I was tired after all that!! I would be surprised if I didn't want to go home and take a nap."

Dang, you are like Superman. Of course you were tired. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom