What else do I need?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwiz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
i am new to diving and i have been picking up most of my gear for a few months now. i am in cape breton canada and it is usually cold diving so i was highly talked into a drysuit. i have my open back fins, mask,snorkel, intergrated weight bc, and my regs and gagues. i just purchaced a whites nexus 3 drysuit. can anyone recomend boots (i was thinking evo3) gloves, hood and undergarments?
p.s. do everyone buy diving undergarmets? or wear something else

You may find that putting all of the required weight for cold salt water drysuit diving makes for a very heavy BC.

A DUI weight & Trim harness is a much nicer way to carry that weight.

Most wear drysuit garments. In any case it needs to be high performance outdoor stuff. Cotton which will retain moisture will get damp or wet and chill you. Wicking body perspiration away is critical. Expedition weight polypropylene long underwear is a great base. After that the garments want to be somewhat compression resistant. Lastly they hopefully retain some insulating value when wet in the event of a flood, Thinsulate is one such material.

A good DS garment will have a slick outer shell that will resist binding against your suit. It will also be less likely too shed lint and foul your exhaust valve. A good garment will also be less likely to cling to the exhaust and plug it.

Pete

i am new to diving and i have been picking up most of my gear for a few months now. i am in cape breton canada and it is usually cold diving so i was highly talked into a drysuit. i have my open back fins, mask,snorkel, intergrated weight bc, and my regs and gagues. i just purchaced a whites nexus 3 drysuit. can anyone recomend boots (i was thinking evo3) gloves, hood and undergarments?
p.s. do everyone buy diving undergarmets? or wear something else

Since you already have a Whites drysuit, you might look at their boots (which are excellent) and their MK3 undies, which are bulky but extremely warm, which you may need up there in Canada.

Or, when you say boots, do you mean socks? I like the Wheezle socks, but they need some room to loft.

For gloves, dry gloves in Canada will be the ticket, and you can get a set of SiTec rings from your LDS (local dive shop).

There are lots of other fine products, and you can learn a ton about them by doing a search, of reading through the equipment forums.

Welcome to the board!

Oh, and I agree with Spectrum about the DUI weight and trim.

so do you thing th whites glacier undergarmets set would be a good choice? and whites evo3 boots? its and expensive buy up here, the evo 3 boots are $178.00 and the undergarmets set, including socks and boots is $400.00. know of any good cheaper reputable websites?

What size Evos would you need? I have a pair which have been used about three times, and they're too big for me.

Well, mine would be way too small, then! They're very nice boots. I was quite disappointed I couldn't use them.

I think you are set with the exception of a couple of things. I'd focus more on the diving on less on the gear. Make sure you have plenty of weight, and a BC that will hold it.

Good Luck.

yes, i agree with ron frank on this, but in order to take out course we need to supply our own masks, snorkles, fins and boots. i have the nexus drysuit with built in socks i guess you would call them, so i was wondering my choices for boots and what most people using drysuits use for boots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom