What else is open for an easy February trip besides Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not every time but I have on occasion and she matched, beat, or improved what I had found.

Yes it is that I had no idea about It but she added it on using a promotion so no extra charge.

So yea I can spend hours searching or make one call/email and get the information. And they get plenty of promos but more important they know the deals. They get paid from the resort no markup to you that money was already in the price the resort quoted so you don't pay any more to have someone do it for you. If you want to waste time and money and want to keep it basic while not getting the best deal at the best location done for you, then going your own way and letting expedia male extra off you is an option.
People who travel with me call my agent afterwards to book.

We've used the same travel agent for many years and I really trust her; she has advised me well and helped us find good options at favorable prices; plus she knows and understands the industry and can save me a lot of time and avoid mistakes.

Are there any travel agencies that specializes in diving trips?

That may not be easy to find. Dive travel was new to my travel agent when we first started working with her but she was a fast learner! But if you narrow down the destination for him/her they can look for good deals on travel and accommodations, and check out dive resorts, too.

There are dive travel tour companies that know their stuff, but they will direct you toward their product offerings. Sometimes that's a good thing but sometimes you might like a broader viewpoint.

For instance, Bluewater Travel's inventory doesn't include St. Croix, USVI as '"open for diving" and that turned out to be a great option for us recently.
WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO

I did some research and decided that we wanted to go to St. Croix and dive with S.C.U.B.A. and then my travel agent took over to find flights and accommodations and car rental options. I trust her advice.

Last several trips have been to Coz, 5 or 6 total now, and would like to do something else for a 6-7 day week during early February 2021. Bonaire still looking like it’s closed; that would have been my primary choice. Are there any other solid/not too many hassles destinations? Thanks in advance!

Edit: Would be departing out of North Texas/DFW fyi

OK, maybe a stupid question, but what about FL? I know the weather can be iffy in the winter for diving, but there’s none of the accompanying hassle you have to deal with for international travel right now?

OK, maybe a stupid question, but what about FL? I know the weather can be iffy in the winter for diving, but there’s none of the accompanying hassle you have to deal with for international travel right now?
The weather is so inconsistent and variable that it's one thing to dive on a trip, but quite another to plan an ocean based diving trip that requires flying. Cave diving is altogether different.

We started going to Panama City Beach FL since the cv travel restrictions hit this year. Prior to this we had never been there. Because it is in the corner of the panHandle, the weather seems to be a bit more stable. It also has a state park where the shore diving is decent if you do get washed out on an odd day. There is also vortex spring right up the road if things get really bad.

I've used Blue Water Dive Travel, which KathyV linked earlier, for a Galapagos trip with good results. Caradonna and Maduro are mentioned from time to time. I think the Scuba Board Invasions and Surges like to use Bay Adventures.

I don't use travel agents for simple, straight forward trips outside the pandemic in the Caribbean, where arranging flights and booking direct with the dive op. and hotel (if need be) is easily done.

But for a trip abroad, such as to the Galapagos, where I'm not familiar with what legs of the journey need to be made, the hotel choices to stay at, when it's wise to show up early and spend the night, how to go find the boat, etc..., they come in handy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom