What ever happened to RESPECT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
so you think OJ is innocent, do ya?

:eyebrow:

What I think is of no consequence, since a jury of his "peers" found there was not sufficient evidence to convict him of the heinous crimes to which he was accused. :11:

And I am confident that one day, he will locate the true killers on what ever golf course he is playing that day... :eyebrow:

bwerb:
Perhaps you would like to respond to some of the other questions I posed regarding love...or even your understanding of Grace?

No, as a matter of fact. The Lord gave grace to the humble and law to the proud. Grace can only be offered to someone who knows they are lost. That wouldn't apply to anyone posting on this thread :wink:

TheDivingPreacher:
No, as a matter of fact. The Lord gave grace to the humble and law to the proud. Grace can only be offered to someone who knows they are lost. That wouldn't apply to anyone posting on this thread :wink:
Well, you seem to be sure that you aren't so I suppose that rules you out as well? In your position I'd be more concerned about the following:

TheDivingPreacher:
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? [23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

TheDivingPreacher:

I'll take from your silence on the matter that communicating Grace clothed in love is somehow foreign to you style of evanganlistic discourse.

Fair enough, at least I now know that we are not open to discuss the heart of the gospel message here...we'll just stick to all the effluance of "religion".

TheDivingPreacher:
That wouldn't apply to anyone posting on this thread :wink:
So are you saying this is a lie:
Ephesian2:8-9:
8For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9not of works, lest anyone should boast.
or Paul's letter to Timothy? was this a lie as well?
2Timothy1:9:
{...God,}9who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began, 10but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel
I was taught it was Grace that saves me, not works. Because of Grace, I desire to do God's will. But because of Grace, I am still saved even though I am a miserable failure.

You're right, preacher - I'm a loser. Thankfully, someone with a lot more patience than you have showed me that despite being a loser, God still wants me. I will not accept your judgement, preacher, no matter how right you think you are or how many times you tell me I'm wrong. Same goes for Andy. The more he tells me how how wrong I am, the more I realize there's Someone a whole lot smarter than any of us in charge. And though I'll likely never be able to comprehend the universe or how it was created, I will continue to thank Him for Creating it and all that is in it.

Snowbear:
Same goes for Andy. The more he tells me how how wrong I am, the more I realize there's Someone a whole lot smarter than any of us in charge.

please point to a single instance on this thread where i tell you
you are wrong.

i disagree with you, and offer a different viewpoint, but i
have not told you you are wrong.

in fact, i KEEP TELLING YOU that there is no way to prove
either one of us wrong.

ok?

please don't put words in my mouth (or in this case,
keyboard :eyebrow:)

And my vote for the best post in the thread goes to....

Snowbear:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDivingPreacher
That wouldn't apply to anyone posting on this thread

So are you saying this is a lie:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephesian2:8-9
8For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9not of works, lest anyone should boast.

or Paul's letter to Timothy? was this a lie as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy1:9
{...God,}9who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began, 10but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel

I was taught it was Grace that saves me, not works. Because of Grace, I desire to do God's will. But because of Grace, I am still saved even though I am a miserable failure.

You're right, preacher - I'm a loser. Thankfully, someone with a lot more patience than you have showed me that despite being a loser, God still wants me. I will not accept your judgement, preacher, no matter how right you think you are or how many times you tell me I'm wrong. Same goes for Andy. The more he tells me how how wrong I am, the more I realize there's Someone a whole lot smarter than any of us in charge. And though I'll likely never be able to comprehend the universe or how it was created, I will continue to thank Him for Creating it and all that is in it.

Throw a rock into a pack of wolves and the one who yelps the loudest is the one who got hit.

I think the title instigators fits better than moderators for the ones posting in this thread.

For those who wonder who I think I am.
I am a wicked sinner guilty of breaking all 10 of the commandments, deserving of eternal separation from God, worthy of nothing more than judgment. I am prone to wander, to lust, to covet, and am in constant need of forgiveness. I can say as Paul said, Christ came to save sinners, of whom I am chief. I am not claiming to be the worst sinner that ever lived but neither am I one iota better than Hitler or Stalin or Pol Pot.
God has called me as an unworthy sinner to warn the unruly, the religious, the unbeliever, that judgment is coming. It is interesting that those who are the loudest against what I have written are the "religious" people on the board. They stoned Paul for preaching the judgment of God,
Acts 13:40-41
Beware therefore, lest that come upon you, which is spoken of in the prophets; [41] Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.

how many here would like to do the same to me?

I wish you no harm. I just think that you are being a little hard on yourself.......and then by extention...others. I too have broken most of the commandments at one time or other in my life (wether I have broken the commandment "Thou shalt not kill" depends on the definition of the commandment - just people? never did - anything else? guilty). I simply don't buy into the 'fire and brimstone' stuff - sorry. I believe that My Father is loving and full of forgiveness - He knows what I have done - and why. He probably thinks that I've often acted foolishly and brought unnecessary pain on myself through my own actions. I don't believe He's intending to heap more on top of me. Not me, not you, not anyone.

TheDivingPreacher:
Throw a rock into a pack of wolves and the one who yelps the loudest is the one who got hit.... how many here would like to do the same to me?

Why are you throwing rocks, and why did'nt you follow your shot to make sure you hit your target, and if not, proceeded to correct your mstake?

Back
Top Bottom