What fins can i get my girlfriend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
just over the weekend my girlfriend was complaining about her fins. she is using some old outdated tusa fins. she was extremely fatigued after one of our dives almost exhauseted her air becasue of overexhaustion during a slight encounter with a mild current.

what do you guys and gals recommend. would stiff fins be ok? what are my choices? thanks

Sometimes price isn't what's important.

If you can, take her around to try different fins or if you remember the dive well enough, get fins that best suit her finning style. Short quick strokes, get a split like the Apollos or Atomics red reef fins. If she has strong legs and tend to use longer kicks, get the Jets version 4 or quattros. If she has some leg injuries, then get her to try the force fins.

My girls loves her medium Jets and her Atomic black splits.

Regards,

SangP

scubahorse:
girlfriend
current
Show your love get her a pair of Mares Quattro metal limited. Look good and NOT CHEAP.
or Jetfin

i myself just got a pair of jetfins, i consider myself a strong swimmer and it took quite a while to get used to. wouldnt the jetfins be a bit to much for her? just wondering. maybe the mares quattro would be the better choice?

SangP:
Sometimes price isn't what's important.

If you can, take her around to try different fins or if you remember the dive well enough, get fins that best suit her finning style. Short quick strokes, get a split like the Apollos or Atomics red reef fins. If she has strong legs and tend to use longer kicks, get the Jets version 4 or quattros. If she has some leg injuries, then get her to try the force fins.

My girls loves her medium Jets and her Atomic black splits.

Regards,

SangP

price aint a factor. my girlfriend doesnt do any fancy kicks just the regular finning. i wouldnt consider her a strong swimmer but shes trying:) i wouldnt consider getting her splits cause we get a lot of current here in the philippines.

also never new the jets had a version 4?

Spoon,
My wife / buddy has tried a variety of fins (including splits) without success. She now has Quattro's and LOVES them (as do I). not sure I would pay for the metal strips - looks like a gimmick to me.

Spoon:
just over the weekend my girlfriend was complaining about her fins. she is using some old outdated tusa fins. she was extremely fatigued after one of our dives almost exhauseted her air becasue of overexhaustion during a slight encounter with a mild current.

what do you guys and gals recommend. would stiff fins be ok? what are my choices? thanks

Cheap ones so when she is history...and takes the fins....a second no big loss.....
sorry.....having one of those days.

i like mares planas

I use the Trek split fins and like them a lot. I don't get cramps and they are quite easy to manuever in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom