What fins for snorkelling?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, good pic, Slonda. Those are pretty much exactly what I have, except mine are black rubber. I have just used regular white ankle high athletic socks in them, that works fine. Mostly I go barefoot, however.

I know this is going to sound biased, but Tusa, in my opinion, is what Huffy was to BMX bikes. That stuff should've died in the 80's, and everything I've used from Tusa has been cheaply made junk. Oceanic makes good (albeit recreational) gear, and Bob Hollis owns it so you know the company has a good man behind it. Bob Hollis is one of diving's true pioneers. I would go for the Caribe fins before anything with Tusa on it. JMO.

yeah Seafan, get these, as F106A says. As long as you want full foot fins, which I assume you do. If I needed a new pair today, these are what I would get.
Oceanic Caribe X Full Foot Fins

Hi,

I'm just getting started to get some basic gear for snorkelling. When I look at the fins, I see there are the single piece, and there are the split fins. Which type is best for beginners in terms of easy to use and least effort to propel? I can only swim breaststroke, not free style, so I'd like to get something that's least demanding on the kicking power to move around. I've also read somewhere that the split fins are for diving and the single piece is for snorkelling - is that correct?

thanks,

Jason

maybe u can try this little bad boy. its adjustable, small and light. great for traveling

edit: ok..pic is not showing so here is a link.
http://www.leisurepro.com/ProductImage/ASRF.html?PopUp=1

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom