What happened to FF pricing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hatul, The market for Force Fins has not shrunk. Buying through dive stores has. Scuba Plus was a great store. Kurt and Marsha let their customers choose by testing a variety in their pool. They told me 80% walked out with Force Fins. If given the chance, that's the way it is. Comfort and common sense wins. Thank you and please simply send those who ask our way.

I have three Force Fin Pro yellow in Large. I lost one fin climbing up on the ladder, so I'm keeping the other in case I lose another. I tried switching to Apollo Bio Fins years ago but my feet hurt so went back to FF Pro. It's what I've used since starting diving in early 90's when Kirk from Stockton sold them. It's a little sad that the market for these fins has shrunk, and now people are always asking about my strange fins.

Adam

Just lost one of my black Pro's last night in Laguna Beach. If anyone finds it, small reward for your efforts. This was the second pair I have had. I bought this pair back in 96' when I was at school at UCSB and went the the company hq and scored a pair of factory seconds from Bob himself. They worked as well this past month as they did the first day I had them. If anyone has a spare XL laying around, I'll take it.

I think FF offer half-pair purchase. Try give them a call, i think they can arrange it for u...

Hatul, The market for Force Fins has not shrunk. Buying through dive stores has.

Is that not the truth or what. 10 years ago a person would read a dive magazine and see a product they would love to have. They then went to a local dive shop and paid an amazingly high mark up for the product and wait 1 to 2 months for this product to come in and then go to the dive shop to pick it up which now cost them time and gas money to return to the store. Stores would often attempt to sell you some fancy add on since you were right in front of them anyway and may like those 80 dollar spring straps.

Consumers have gotten smarter and more conservative with their money as online dealers allow easy 24 hour a day shopping from the comfort of the internet and even allow customers to post honest reviews on many sites so we dont hear the old phrase "Every one is buying them" only to find out we bought a product no one knows anything about besides the seller. We can get the product for TONS cheaper (I bought a product from LeisurePro retailed at 700.00 for just over 300 brand new in the box) and it was delivered to my door so I could retrieve it at the same time I got my mail in my house shoes and pajamas.

I see this happening more and more as time goes on and pay value decreases around us. In most cases the LDS will simply cry and ball bag about how evil the internet is and will eventually be put out of business while the savy ones will figure out how to encourage customers to come to them with out the you will die if you buy off the internet approach.

It is sad that every one wants to get rich off the American consumer all the while they try to figure out how to pay the american worker less and take more away from him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom